Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 840C for a month and a half, and have cycled about 300 rounds through it. It is now shooting 6" low, from 12 feet! I have benched it and it continues to shoot drastically low! I have no choice but to enter the sloooow train of sending it back for a warrenty repair. I loved the feel of this pistol from the moment that I picked it up, so I don't mind having it repaired, but I am concerned about what is causing this issue. Has anyone else experienced this same problem, and does anyone have an explaination for this problem? I would really be thankful for any input on this problem. Thanx in advance.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Are shooting with the traditional 6 o'clock hold most of us were taught? Most Taurus guns aim to the center of the dot on the front sight.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Well if you have at a bench rest and still shooting that low at 12 ft I think a trip to Miami is needed.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Wow.....IMO..the 800's are Taurus' best poly frame guns.
If you has said 740 or 140 and not mentioned bench rest, I would have said you are not alone.....but the 840 has a very different trigger. I can not imagine what is wrong.

When you say "bench rest"....you mean you are resting the frame/barrel end and not the grip- right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do believe that I might be "benching" the grip area along with the entire gun/hands. I will definately retry this benching method before I do anything. Thanx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have noticed that a .030 gap has appeared between the top of the muzzle and the 12:00 position of the muzzle-hole on the slide. This was not present when I first got the gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have noticed that a .030 gap has formed between the 12:00 position of the muzzle and the 12:00 position of the muzzle-hole of the slide. This gap was not there when I first got the gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Thank you Thank you! I change my hold and lifted every shot to the paper. I feel kind've foolish, that such a small change almost had me sending this beaut to Miami. This is a great site and it's people like you that make it great. Thanx again!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Glad you got it resolved without needing to temporarily lose your gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, my whole attitude towards this gun has changed back to reason that I bought it. The most comfortable CC that I got my hands on. This includes the M&P series.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts