Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..lol..never got around to taking pics of it. This was right around the time that Academy had the PT809's on sale and I was seriously considering going and getting one. My son and step son stopped by to drop off more Xmas presents for the grand kiddos when they sat down and told me that they wanted to get something for me Xmas, a gun, but they didn't know what and had "maybe" 400-500$ between them, so, no..no Kimbers dad.

I told them.."go to Academy, PT809, should be under $300". I was tickled to death and proud of them for asking..finally..lol. There's another part to this Xmas Story because I have 2 stepsons and 2 sons. I figgered they were all going in on the expense. My other stepson and wife bought me a ZAS-PAP 7.62x39 carbine and I think I may had posted pics up on the Long Guns section.

Anyways, here's my PT809 and I have to take it out to the range one more time to make sure its not me shooting low and to the left with this.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Congrats on your new shooter. I really like the PT800 series pistols. My PT840 is dead nuts on.

BTW, nice photos.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Very nice composition, lighting, and background on your PT809 pics!

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you wanna sell it, I'll take another! Nice handgun!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Very nice, this is the one I am considering for my next purchase. Handled one last weekend but opted for the 617 first.

·
Administrator
18,118 Posts
Very Nice!!! Congratulations and you had a very Merry Christmas! Now to shoot in, your Happy New Year!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats! I love mine, got it during the same sale period from Academy.
Had "low and left" issues at first as well, but I started covering the target with the front sight (instead of just below it), and gripping a bit harder and it's now pretty much spot on.

Now.... off to find a good deal on a PT145!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I missed out on the deal from Academy but I keep hoping they'll bring it back. The 809 is my next purchase.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Congrats!
Looks just like my PT845... except mine has a bigger hole in the end...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts