Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daily that I hve been carrying for two years now has more than 4500 rounds through it. I put 50 ugly Tulsa rounds down range two weeks ago and i gave it a good cleaning and look over and it is still the one I feel very safe having on me.

for a period of time I was not counting how many rounds I fed it but about 6 months ago I start keeping track again so that is why it is more than 4500, just not sure how many more. My other one that I keep in my desk is over 1000 rounds. I have checked the slide, barrel and grip and I don't see any differnce from my newer one. The PT709 is one damn good gun. Out of all those rounds I have had about 6 FTF and I account them to me or the round itself, not the gun.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been more worried about the batteries in my CT than a malfunction with the PT709 and just changed the batteries in it as it can't be turned off so it is on every shot. I don't know how long they are suppost to last.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hope mine fares as well. I have the same CT setup and loving it. And ditto on the sight question....made for a glock?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a fiber optic site made for shot guns that you can get at Academy Sports or Bass Pro for about $10. They come in green and red. I have tried both and perfer the red. it works when the CT doesn't.
You will use the screw in the original site but will have to file it down about two threads. Use some blue locktite and your set. I've had it on for hundreds of rounds and it don't move.

be safe, be armed, be aware, be alive.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on reaching this milestone in the life of your carry pistol!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is impressive, I am glad that you are so happy with your 709.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
....And it looks like it is still in perfect shape to do some more fighting! BTW, I like the DIY thing you did with your front sight. It looks like something I ought to try with my Ruger SR40. I've been meaning to put a green sight on my Winchester 1300, so I could just take the red dot off and put it on my Ruger!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just noticed that in th title i put "909". Oops, it is a 709.

·
32,481 Posts
There is a Taurus 909 so I wasn't going to call foul on something that more than wasn'.t :)

No harm,no foul. You won't have to worry about reporting to the VIRTUAL DUNGEON. :) We've all made minor mistakes while here.

You can get into everybody's good graces by bringing the virtual beer and virtual White Castles for everyone.:D:eek::???::chug::shocked::loco::r_c:;):)

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I have about 25% of that through my PT140 and still going strong, congrats!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a Taurus 909 so I wasn't going to call foul on something that more than wasn'.t :)

No harm,no foul. You won't have to worry about reporting to the VIRTUAL DUNGEON. :) We've all made minor mistakes while here.

You can get into everybody's good graces by bringing the virtual beer and virtual White Castles for everyone.:D:eek::???::chug::shocked::loco::r_c:;):)
oooww, virtual dungeon. Does it have virtual whips and chaps and handcuffs, oh my. I feel so naughty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts