Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 350 rounds or so, my pt145 finally had a failure to eject. the thing was, i wasnt shooting it. my friend who owns a USP compact H&K .45 so i wouldve thought he would have an ok time handling mine. well i noticed that it looked like he was limp wristing it so it failed to eject. after that he held it a little more like a man and it preformed flawlessly the next 30 rounds. here are a few of my younging after a good cleaning.

·
32,619 Posts
Nice looking gun. Limp wristing is that thing that creeps up on people from time to time.

LEO a few years ago did that with his SIG 226. New to the gun don't you know. During a robbery of a gunshop( bad guy didn't see the police unit outside the store before entering) the bad guy fired at the officer first when told "to drop it". LEO's gun jammed after first shot and the gun was down for the rest of the fight.

Store owner (using a 10mm. pistol he'd never shot.. this just gets better and better) drew and fired three to center of mass hits (IPSC shooter the store owner was) and perp is dead before hitting the ground.10mm. slugs went clear through the perp.

One slug was never found regardless of the many thorough searches made of the store. There was nothing but plate glass behind the perp, but the missing bullet never hit it.

Training for officer involved was commenced to take care of limp wristing. Under stress things like that can happen though our training, regardless if LEO or civilian, kicks in.
Things can go wrong easily though. Not knocking the officer. Under duress stuff happens.
Hopefully we won't limp wrist if this kind of thing happens,but it could happen.

Officer was shot at multiple times by perp with a .380 Davis pistol. No hits on target made by the perp.

Kind of like flinching. There are people who have shot for years and don't realize that it can slip in until missing the bullseye becomes apparent. All kinds of reasons why it can happen.
Found out I was doing it with the revolver recently, but oddly didn't do it with pistols. Wasn't afraid of the gun going off. Just that the trigger pull and mechanics were a bit different. Just different enough at the time. Corrected that with dry firing and snap caps.

Having a buddy along to observe on one occasion didn't hurt either.
So things can creep in from time to time.

That's why having a simple goal or goals for a range session is a good idea. Just firing a lot of rounds downrange does not mean we are competent, fun though it may be. :)

Firing a different kind of gun, even if one has been doing it for years, can have vagaries come into the shooting mix. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha, i think he was tryin to make my pistol look bad. he doesent like glock, and doesent like 9mm at that either. he said taurus was ok but he rather stick to his old reliable. so i think i know his plan now, haha

·
32,619 Posts
Here's a comeback. :) Tell him for a fee you'll teach him how to shoot if he can't make an 'ordinary Taurus' function. ;D

" I say, Muffy, shooting low brow Tauri just isn't done". ;D

This forum and others are full of stories about those who used the Tauri..... or Taurus... ( we have to be socially correct here ;) ) and beat the pants off those with the "high priced spread" guns. Or better yet... don't tell them the brand until after they are done shooting.

Been in some ranges where the stalls were lit up like the inside of a cow's stomach. Very dark. Had a guy think he was shooting a S&W at the A&P Arms range in Hampton, VA. some time ago.
The look on his face after he shot well with a smooth light DA trigger for each shot was priceless. Then and only then did he see the Bull logo.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
If he owns an HK there's your answer you could hold that gun with just a pinky and thumb(not recomended) and make it cycle, they are that user friendly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i see. that is why my wife liked to shoot that gun. she didnt like my taurus all that much but its only because of the recoil. i love it. it fits my hands prefectly and once i get the first couple rounds off, i am a good shot with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts