Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This past weekend, my dad and some buddies and I went to an indoor range to shoot again my PT145 as well as my dad's H&K USP 45c that he bought a couple of weeks ago.

The first time I shot my PT145, I was getting the low-left hits that other posters have reported. I don't know if it's my new setup of the front-sight being the Williams Firesight plus having the Laserlyte rear sight, or just having more practice, but this time I was totally dead on! The only issues are the occasional nosedives on the first three rounds of a full magazine... I think Taurus cut the slots for the magazine release too high, because whever this would happen I would slap up the magazine, filling out that 2-3mm gap between the grip and the floorplate, and it loaded every time. When the magazine is engaged I am able to push up on it and fill in the gap, so I feel that if the magazine was seated higher permanently then the nosedives would stop. Another way I tested this was locking the slide back, loading a full magazine, then pressing down the magazine stop to load the first round. Many times the round would nosedive, but the times I was holding up on the magazine to fill in that gap, it loaded smoothly every time.

My dad's HK shot great, and I could barely tell the difference between recoil, accuracy, and trigger pull between the two weapons. His was a little heavier, but that's really the only difference in feel.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
You are wise to spend time with your Dad. Everytime you do, you are making memories that will last a lifetime.

My Dad is almost 88 now, so he doesn't hunt or sport shoot anymore. I miss those times with him.

He does still conceal carry though! :D

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Long story short, he was born in Germany, came here when he was 13, served in the Navy, and he finally "pulled the trigger" on getting his citizenship. He both REALLY wanted to vote this time around, and he wanted to get his Texas CHL. But you're right once you get married and have kids, it takes work to keep that relationship going!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts