25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PROS:
1. The Grip is awesome
2. Very minimum recoil at 165 grain or 180 grain
3. Easy to operate
4. I like the trigger pull alot
5. It's Very accurate at 25 YDS
6. Good carry gun / Lightweight - (Hey, I'm 230 6' 3", you can't see it on me!)
7. Good Safe Gun!
8. Great Price! - I paid: $334.00, which included the FFL transfer fee!
9. 15 rnd. mag cap
10. Never had a misfeed! Ever!
The CONS
1. I'm not crazy about these Heinie sights, especially being non - adjustable
2. What a PITA to take apart to clean, that take down lever/pin is tighter than a rat's a**!
3. A little big for CCW - but it has plenty of stopping power!
4. There should be more options for it, different sights, lights, lasers....!

Other than that I love it! It's a great pistol! I was ringing them @ 25 yds.
For the price, you can't go wrong! I hear people tell me all the time that you'll be sorry that you bought a TAURUS! Well, Im not! Round for Round I put it against my buddy's SIG, Glock & PARA! It out performed them! Taurus has come a long way!

Take Care & Happy & Safe Shooting!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
They are great pistols.

Both mine had tight pins when new.
That take down pin will loosen up.
I used the rim of a spent shell to pull the pin at first.

Your sights can be adjusted left/right if necessary.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
24/7's are great guns! Congratulations on yours and Welcome to the Forum! Disassembly and Re-Assembly will get easier as you get used to the design, but if you have problems, there are some posts here that may help you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i've got a Taurus Mil Pro PT140 and i too love it. I also hated those sights it came with so i replaced them with a set of FireSights. Great, made a heck of a difference, but one unintended result was my wife loved the new sights so much she took it over as her gun of choice.... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really love this Pistol! It took awhile to get used to the Heinie sights! I changed my ammo to the 180 Grain! Whoa! What a difference, much more accurate! ;)
At 25 Yds. It is Freaking Dead on! I mean Dead on! I never had a Misfeed or my Mag drop out like many others I see on the board? You have to keep your pistol & mags clean & lightly lubed!! I never had any problems with any pistols I own!!

Be Safe & Happy shooting!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 24/7 pro 9mm is perfect for me!
I did have 2 fail to feed rounds & 2 fail to fire in the first 50 rounds but no problems feeding or firing since. Shot about 350 rounds with no problems at all.

I wish that addons where available to buy.
Anyone know of a laser indicator that can fit on a 24/7 pro?

Maybe if we ask real nice, Taurus will make a .22LR conversion kit for the 9mm. That would be ideal for me, since the price of .22LR ammo and 9mm ammo is $8 difference in price per box of 50 rounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
great review. i have a pt111 pro and want a 24 7 pro badly. cant decide on which caliber i want 40 or 45...also i live in raleigh nc and can't seem to find one cheaper than 399.00. after reading what most of you guys are buying yours for (340.00 otd) i can't bring myself to buy one @ 399.00. hopefully i can catch a sale. im a bargain hunter or in more simple terms i am cheap . ;-)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I'm extremely happy with mine. It shoots perfectly out to 50 yards. It was hard to take the take down pin out when I started, but it's much easier now. Wish it was like my XD's takedown, just turn it up and that's it... no need to remove it. But it's okay, because I love the gun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
moodyblue_02 said:
great review. i have a pt111 pro and want a 24 7 pro badly. cant decide on which caliber i want 40 or 45...also i live in raleigh nc and can't seem to find one cheaper than 399.00. after reading what most of you guys are buying yours for (340.00 otd) i can't bring myself to buy one @ 399.00. hopefully i can catch a sale. im a bargain hunter or in more simple terms i am cheap . ;-)
Don't believe the price here: http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/...mi-Automatic+Pistol&cal=All&fin=All&sit=Fixed
I seen these prices & then I chose the 1 I liked & got a quote, after it was all said & done, including ffl transfer it cost me Under $350.00 for the Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 cal. with 2 15 round mags! I believe the total price was $334.00! (If I remember!) I lived in NC for years before moving to PA, Damn do I miss it!!!!!!!!!!
Take Care TarHeel!

·
Registered
36 Posts
happy here too i have 350 rounds through and 0 problems
very decent gun for the money
now i just need some decent sights (3 dot)

·
Registered
179 Posts
FightingJoe said:
My 24/7 pro 9mm is perfect for me!
I did have 2 fail to feed rounds & 2 fail to fire in the first 50 rounds but no problems feeding or firing since. Shot about 350 rounds with no problems at all.

I wish that addons where available to buy.
Anyone know of a laser indicator that can fit on a 24/7 pro?

Maybe if we ask real nice, Taurus will make a .22LR conversion kit for the 9mm. That would be ideal for me, since the price of .22LR ammo and 9mm ammo is $8 difference in price per box of 50 rounds.
I have a laser sight with the mount and all, fits perfectly. Its for sale if you want to pm me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts