Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up used but with only about 50-100 rounds down the pipe. Paid a little under $400 for her. It has a couple light scuff marks where it was not handled the way I would handle my guns but regardless, still a great buy. I have a Colt 1911 made in 1913 that my great grandpa used on the mexican border back then and I wanted something almost identical that I could shoot instead of admire. I have named her the B**ch.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice 1911! Have you had any time at the range with her yet? :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
NICE! I almost bought the same weapon a couple years back, Springfield Mil-Spec, right? I really like them grips. U would laugh if u saw the 1911A1 I was issued years ago, comparing it to that. It looked like it was buried since the Vietnam War, but still shot like a champ. Enjoy it. Those 1911's r tough old buzzards and pack a wollup ;D. Do you have a particular holster for it? For one that looks like that u ought to find a surplus full leather/flap holster...that would complete the set. R U the one who put the 50-100 rds through it? How did it shoot? Now make sure u do a good fluff and buff on the ramp and slide rails if it wasn't done already. We need a range report.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already put 200 rounds through it and it fires just like the original. It is just perfect all the way around. Even with the old GI sights, the thing is very accurate at 15 yards.
Why do I have to fluff and buff it? It works perfect and will get better with age I am sure. Have you heard that it needs to be done? If so, I may look at doing it.
I am probably going to go with the Memphis series Southern Holsters holster. The old flap holster are neat but don't do much for CCW ;D

·
Registered
90 Posts
200, excellent. It probably doesn't need the f n b. Makes me want to go out and buy one, like I originally planned long ago. The fluff n buff is just something I got used to doing on all my pistols, startin with my first civilian 1911 (SystemaColt1927). When I carried my 1911 IWB, I did not use a holster cause it's so damn big (I'm only 5'9", thin-then). I had a surplus holster I carried at home (had a horse ranch at that time with fuc#@$# rustlers and varment) and it just felt nice on the side (a little nostolgic too).

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Come on guys... don't you recognize the 1911A1 GI Model... made to the exact specs of the 1911A1. I had one for a while until I wanted the PT145. A trigger job will do wonders on even the GI model. I didn't want to "bugger" it up with new trigger and hammer and innards. They just simply reek history.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like my SA GI shorty and have a couple hundred rounds through it. My mag got stuck one time, though, and I have to pop the slide off for it to come out. It was actually the first 1911 that I had owned and I'll be darned if I didn't put that fugly take-down mark on it the first time I took it apart, live and learn huh? I just picked up the hogue black grips and it has made it even more fun to shoot. I don't have small hands and it bit into me with the standard grips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts