Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have finally gotten all my parts for the two ARs I have been working on. Wanted another AR for a while and had been getting parts here and there before this country made its worst decision back in November. After that, I started ratcheting up the parts buying. I also got lucky enough to find a left hand upper so that made it all the better. I Duracoated the receivers, stock, and handguards Magpul OD Green, all the other parts are original color. I also happened to stumble upon a Marlin Papoose, stainless. Always was intrigued with these and it was a good deal so it is also joining the ranks. Enough of the rants

Attachments

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No they are both 223. The bottom one is the left handed one in OD Green

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are you missing a charging handle, bolt carrier/bolt, and a ejection port/dust cover assembly on the top rifle? The charging handle and BCG not a problem, but that cover assemble is gonna be a booger to install without taking that upper apart again.

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had the top one loosely assembled and sitting in the safe, waiting for a charging handle and dust cover. Showed it to a guy at work and he said the same thing, with a few more expletives.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I just had the top one loosely assembled and sitting in the safe, waiting for a charging handle and dust cover. Showed it to a guy at work and he said the same thing, with a few more expletives.

Heh, heh, heh! :D

Ya' done good, grasshopper!

·
Administrator
19,758 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool:

Congratulations! :cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
The install of that spring in the dust cover is by far the must use of expletives in assembly. I actually had an easy go with the front pivot detent. It only shot out 5 or 6 times before I got it in. I must have twisted that expletive dust cover spring more than 20 times before I got it right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.