Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I woke up yesterday morning and found out I had 400 more dollars in my account than I expected. Turns out the state owed me more on my tax refund and payed up. :cool:

I had had a Springfield XD9 Subcompact on layaway at my LGS for the last 2 months, and owed 200 more on it. Well, I showed up and picked up my firearm, a 100 box of target load, and a 25 box of Hornady Critical Defense rounds.

Total cost of the firearm was 550 out the door for this "essentials" package. It comes with a dual magazine belt holster, a belt holster for the gun itself, and a speed loader with a rail type attachment to store the speed loader on either the gun holster or the mag holster. Also came with a standard size (12 rd) mag and a extended (15 rd) mag that extends the grip a great deal. Says clearly on the box "illegal in California" :p.

I like the firearm, and it is interesting that it does not have a thumb safety. It simply has a grip and trigger safety to stop an unintended discharge and a round in chamber indicator on the top of the slide that is much easier to see than the one on my PT840. The slide will not rack if the grip safety is not depressed. It does not have a magazine safety, which I am happy about.

I haven't gotten it to the range yet, but as soon as I get a good 200 or so rounds through it, it will become my EDC gun.

And recommendations on IWB holsters that conceal well with the shirt tucked in? I wear dickies work pants and a tucked polo for work, and I am under the impression it will be hard to balance concealment and access with that type of uniform. Any tips will be appreciated.

As I said, I will be going to the range in the near future so a range report will also be coming soon.

Sent from my Bosch Motronic ECM via VCDS Version 1.9LVE

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Enjoy the new Firearm!

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Congrats on your new XD.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I hope the state doesn't come back and say that they fumbled this $400.00 refund and demand immediate re-payment. I have seen things like this go astray and people ended up borrowing or taking a second mortgage in order to repay the bank or government screw-up! Usually the government requires filing an amended return to correct the error.

Just saying!

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Extra $400 = New Gun, I like your thinking. Congrats!

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I have an XD40, while it won't win any beauty contests it is the one on my nightstand. Several thousand rounds with no malfunctions and very accurate. Congratulations

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope the state doesn't come back and say that they fumbled this $400.00 refund and demand immediate re-payment. I have seen things like this go astray and people ended up borrowing or taking a second mortgage in order to repay the bank or government screw-up! Usually the government requires filing an amended return to correct the error.

Just saying!
No, it was sort of expected, as I got a letter saying it would be deposited within 3-4 weeks. Well, 2 days after the letter it was in there. Nice little surprise.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have an XD40, while it won't win any beauty contests it is the one on my nightstand. Several thousand rounds with no malfunctions and very accurate. Congratulations
My roommate has the full size XD40, and he has had it for 6 months and didn't shoot it once. I'm trying to convince him to sell it to me.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
thanks for the pictures get us a range report

jhp
I am looking at the xds9 for my mom

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Bassman, congrats on that XD9SC! I have one too and it's one of my favorite shooters. Very well balanced and the only pistol that I have that goes instantly into battery with all three sights on the barrel plane. It's still light for it's small bulk, fits perfectly in one of my zippered address books when it starts digging into my OWB holster while I'm driving a long distance or in my saddlebags when I'm very conscientious about my tee creeping up my back. I have since then started carry my Kahr PM45 a lot more comfortable and concealable in a IWB and my wife has appropriated the XD9SC as her carry weapon.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Congrats!! That is an all round great firearm!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new XD, my plans are to purchase another in the near future providing something else doesn't grab my attention first. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts