Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks great to me. I still want one of those tac'd out mossberg 30-30's. I held one and it actually felt really great on the shoulder.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like it. Pretty bad ass.
Reminds me of a Mad Max kinda gun, all blacked out like that. Maybe sew a couple of rows of finger bones on the sling for the full effect!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Guy's
Another thing that I noticed on this rifle after watching some Rossi YouTube videos. It does not have the safety on the hammer for the key's to lock. I like that, I really don't mind the safety on the slide but I do not like the hammer safety that uses the key's.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
judgecrater,
Don't blame you. But it seems like every doggonit gun I buy anymore new or used seems to have to be worked on. Ruger, Henry, some of my Marlins, S&W even. Seems you buy a gun it has to go back because the front sight (barrel) is under clocked or over clocked. So this one only took a couple minor fixes which was easy. So no big deal for me, I at least did not have to send it back to Ruger, or Henry or S&W like the last revolvers new I bought. But it is aggravating to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
37,992 Posts
You get it home and it starts falling apart. I think I will pass.
That was one of my first thoughts also. I was reminded of my Rossi R92 that the front sight brass bead disappeared after the first range outing. After 8 months I was sent a replacement.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It's not right,
Especially at the prices that guns are going for now a days. But unfortunate for us it is the way of life now.

·
Super Moderator
37,992 Posts
I just got a blurb from Henry showing a black lever action in 357 with a threaded barrel. Priced around 1100.00 iirc.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
It's not right,
Especially at the prices that guns are going for now a days. But unfortunate for us it is the way of life now.
They're striking while the iron is hot and making hay while the sun shines.
With the current prices and the rhetorical ant-gun rumblings out of DC, investing the time and $$ for extensive QC has gone away.
Right now it is "get 'em out the door ASAP" to sell as many as they can for as much as they can while they still can.
Seems to be infecting all brands.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yes it does. They have taken away quality control people and put it in the hands of the works that put them items together. Problem with that is they keep adding work and or speeding the line up so the workers are so tired and have so little time they can not notify or don't mentally care if there is something they see wrong with the product.

With the price of that Henry I am glad I got the Citadel (Rossi) brand. Mine was a heck of a lot cheaper and I am like the 92 action. I already have plenty of side ejects.

·
Registered
14 Posts
jstanfield103
So the whole time you were describing your new ugly gun, I wasn't prepared for the beauty of what you bought. Ok a couple of small hiccups our of the box, but so what. You got what you wanted and filled a missing check mark in your bucket list. Price at that point is not part of the conversation for me. The fact you got what you wanted and I can see the smile it put on your face when you got the kinks out of it. Good for you. And thanks for sharing your story. I think she beautiful.... I enjoyed every word. Congrats dude!!😎

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I really like the looks of that rifle.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts