Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:yipee: :shooter: :yipee: :shooter: :yipee: :shooter: :yipee: :shooter: :yipee: :shooter: :yipee: :shooter:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Enjoy! Nothing like a new piece!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I'm especially happy about this one because it is my first rifle!!

·
Administrator
35,527 Posts
For those of us who are ignorant to AR weapons, can you tell me what it is I'm looking at? What it fires, and all that? Sorry, but my gun knowledge until lately has been pretty limited to handguns.....

Thanks !!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
texastaurusguy said:
For those of us who are ignorant to AR weapons, can you tell me what it is I'm looking at? What it fires, and all that? Sorry, but my gun knowledge until lately has been pretty limited to handguns.....

Thanks !!
I'm somewhat in the learning phase myself.. I have friends that are in the know on these things and a few family members that are current or ex-military so I'm going to seek schooling from them before I go it alone.

The rifle is a Romanian AK-47 and fires a 7.62 X39 round - The ammo is cheap, @ 20.00/ 100.

Info for the round

The Soviet 7.62x39mm rifle cartridge was designed during World War II and first used in the SKS carbine. The cartridge was likely influenced by a variety of foreign developments, especially the pre-war German GeCo, 7.75x39mm experimental round,[2] and possibly by the late-war German 7.92x33mm Kurz ("Kurz" meaning "short" in German). Shortly after the war, the world's most recognized assault rifle was designed for this cartridge: the AK-47. The cartridge remained the Soviet standard until the 1970s, and is still one of the most common intermediate rifle cartridges used around the world. Its replacement, the 5.45x39mm cartridge, is slightly less powerful but is more controllable in fully automatic fire due to the lower recoil. The change was in part a response to NATO switching from the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge to 5.56x45mm NATO.[citation needed]

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
You know what this means!?! You have to change your signature line!! ;D

·
Registered
959 Posts
Looks Good To ME...<:))

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
texastaurusguy said:

Thanks !!
My thoughts exactly. I'm glad you asked so everyone doesn't know that I had no clue what it was. It sure is cool looking!

·
Administrator
35,527 Posts
I just want to see the range report on it now....and maybe a picture of your target post-op?

·
22,058 Posts
I like the grips and stock. 2 tone really gives an older design a modern look. Be careful when you go to the range. I don't want to here about some overly excited gun owner shooting up Winder on WSB news next week. :D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
texastaurusguy said:
I just want to see the range report on it now....and maybe a picture of your target post-op?
Will do! Hopefully will get to go next weekend!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
airwrench said:
I like the grips and stock. 2 tone really gives an older design a modern look. Be careful when you go to the range. I don't want to here about some overly excited gun owner shooting up Winder on WSB news next week. :D :D
No worries -- I don't want Monica Commy-fan on my back!!! (In response to WSB joke)

Thanks for the all the nice comments --- I think I'm more excited about this than when I got my first ----Car

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice AK. :D I'm sure it'll serve you well for many years to come.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I like it! I got one identical except for with black furniture. Shoots great. Where did you get it and what was the price if you don't mind?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts