Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a bit of horse trading at Cabela's yesterday. I spied a 605 Poly for $199.99 that was made in Dec 2015. Took it out to the range today and ran 85 trouble free rounds through it. In the pic there's some kind of light orb on the grip that makes it look dirty. She's a keeper!

IMG_3386R.jpg

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Very nice poly 605.:cool:

Reactions: nevadabob

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Nice horse trading, congrats.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a side note, I'm kind of late to the 605 Poly party as these pistolas came out around 2011. And then there's the thought about buying a used gun. The nagging "Why did they trade it in?" question comes to mind. Cabela's has a 2 week bring-it-back warranty if there's any problems. So far so good!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ralph...I can imagine those 357's pack quite a wallop thru the 2 inch barrel. I reload 38's and for the time being that's what I'll shoot. I think the person that traded it in actually bought it for his wife: "Here Honey, I bought you something..." And once out at the range she fired one shot, dropped it, and ran home scared! One reviewer said he found the sweet spot with 110 grain Winchester 357's. But I'd be concerned about "flash cutting" at the forward top strap with a bullet that light.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was looking around for a holster for it but they seemed to be far and few between and out of my Social Security price range. I slapped a few pieces of 8 oz. leather together and made this utility holster.

IMG_3395R.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,069 Posts
I've found my fave 140 JHP handloads, hot as heck, shoot best in my gun. They shoot 550 ft lbs out of my gun, plenty of punch, and aren't as harsh as 158 or my 165 grain SWCs which are harsh to put it politely. :D The 140 is my carry load. The heavier loads shoot WAY high, too. The 140s shoot to POA.

I shoot mostly .38 WCs for practice. I cast it. It's superb in the Poly and all my .38s and most of my .357s.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
As a side note, I'm kind of late to the 605 Poly party as these pistolas came out around 2011. And then there's the thought about buying a used gun. The nagging "Why did they trade it in?" question comes to mind. Cabela's has a 2 week bring-it-back warranty if there's any problems. So far so good!
The "Why did they trade it in?" question gets answered after you shoot several rounds through a 2" snubby with full power 357 magnums. My son-in-law shot my 605 once and didn't want to shoot it any more. I bought mine used and it had been used very little in the 17 years someone else owned it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts