Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Above is a video of the Lonewolf custom 45Gap slide made from a Glock 23 slide

Lonewolf made a few of these slides .. But from what I understand was never cataloged...
I think if Glock would have made the Slide on the 45 Gap at the same width of a 9/40 , it would have been a bit more popular...

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...-distributors-slim-45-gap-caliber-conversion/

Above is a article about this slide ..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
Hmmm, so, if I were to buy a 45 GAP barrel along with a Lone Wolf slimmed and trimmed 45 GAP slide then I would be able to shoot 45 GAP outta either my G19 or G23?

Would the 45 GAP barrel have to be from Lone Wolf or could I get it from GLOCK, Storm Lake, BarSto or any other reputable barrel maker?

I might give this some serious thought. 45 ACP is my favorite handgun cartridge yet I’ve decided to ABSOLUTELY NOT Pursue any of the Glock 45 ACP models. . . . don’t ask but I’ve debated it with myself . . .

I opted to not give 45 GAP a chance, either, when the shelves were bare during obummer’s reign just because it seemed a niche cartridge.

However, . . . . . . . . upon further reflection leads me to think about acquiring a bbl and slide from Lone Wolf and use the caliber as a Range round. Then, I would only need to be concerned about ammo supply - which wouldn’t concern me too much with the resources of the inter webs at my service.

Anyone out there currently in service with 45 GAP.

·
Premium Member
13,395 Posts
The thing that kept me from buying a Glock chambered in .45 GAP is the magazine capacity. The pistols are based on the 9mm or .40 S&W Glock frames whether it be standard, compact or sub-compact. When you compare the magazine capacity to that of their 9mm or .40 S&W in the same frame size, the .45 GAP doesn't come close. For instance in the compact frame size, the 9mm holds 15+1, the .40 S&W will hold 13+1 and the .45 GAP will only hold 8+1. Not that I would feel under gunned with 8+1 of .45 GAP, but that's quite a difference.

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Great idea!
plus if you relaod you can find thousands of once fired cases laying in the floor or in the grass!
heck I hate having to take a shovel with me to move all those cases so i can find my abundant 38 Super cases to take home!---
seriously -- we have a Clock guy here that does 90% law enforcmnt contracts , so he has all the glock stuff, including a good many police trade ins and even he seldos stocks 45 GAP ammo as no ones buys it.
this was one of those "Hey look Sig Sauer has a cartridge named after them (357 SIG) so we got to get one ourselves!
except it really doesn't do anything the 45 acp don't do.
IF you want something different then OK, but I would suggest that you research this as resale is about 50%-60% in the 45 GAP caliber as a 9 or 45 caliber in the same gun around here.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new gun ! Let us know how that GAP shoots.
My ammo came in yesterday.. Hopefully ,Saturday will be range day ... Im curious on the recoil.. From what I have read .. The 45 Gap has ballistics similar to 45 ACP +P ..With the 45 GAP slide that I has same weight as a 23 skide .. So im sure on the 23 frame .. It will be lively ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts