Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first revolver. Cabela's listed it in their Fathers Day flyer as a Taurus 85 Ultralite/ hammerless, but it looks different than the 85 ULs I've seen available on-line. It's more of a recessed, or flush hammer than a concealed one. Taurus Mod. No. is 2-850121UL. What do you all think?

I just looked at an article posted by SgtKnuckles, and my gun has the same hammer as the Mod. 85 Police Undercover shown there.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3967.0

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention. :rolleyes:

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
959 Posts
Look'in GOOD...<:))

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It's like a combination of an 850 and 851. It is quite similar to a police undercover minus the porting. Very interesting.

But Cabela's did have it wrong when they labeled it as hammerless in their flyer.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
You've got a M85 with what Taurus called a Concealed Hammer. Or as many call it a bobbed hammer. Many people over the years (myself being one of them) have removed the hammer spur to aid in drawing the gun from a pocket. Your just looks much nicer than mine.

Steelheart

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies and comments. I thought the gun had a nicer shape without a big hump on the back. :) It is strictly a DAO, no way to move the hammer without the trigger coming too. Weight = under 17 oz. empty and about 19.5 oz. loaded.

Just cleaning the easy spots like the frame and the rear of the cylinder improved the trigger pull a lot. Now I need to get to the range and see if I can hit anything with it. ;D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Whammer, thanks for taking the time to share. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts