Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used Taurus PT99 LNIB.I took her to the range and she was extremly accurate and very reliable with all ammo used.I can't believe how this gun shoots,Taurus did a good job on this pistol.I sometimes leave my G23 home and carry my PT99 in a IWB holster.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Welcome to the forum ... glad you like your new pistol! I think an all stainless pistol like that is just so nice looking. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congrats on a great purchase. :) I'm partial to both the blued and stainless versions of the 92s and 99s.

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
Congratulations! My very well worn PT92, bought new in July of 92, has served me very well, and continues to do so! I know you'll be happy with yours!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lovely pistol. I've noticed some SS 92/99's are brushed and some are polished, can you order a 92/99 a certain way? What brand IWB holster do you carry with? I'm just under six feet tall and I'm like "No way THIS is gonna fit inside my pants!" I just got a blue pt92 and my only small regret is that aftermarket sights don't work very well with the integrated front sight. Oh well, it's mainly a house gun. I hope I can find a pt909 if I ever decide to start carrying :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
fogdor said:
I'm just under six feet tall and I'm like "No way THIS is gonna fit inside my pants!"
I'm right at 6ft, and have carried the PT99 from time to time, and have a friend about the same size who does as well. Look into Milt Sparks holsters, or http://www.jjheroldholsters.com/ I use Herold's North Woods Combo, but with brass clips I made, my friend uses a VersaMax from Milt Sparks, IIRC.

Definitely get a good belt; we both use the Instructor's 5-stitch from Wilderness Tactical. though he has a few other belts he will sometimes use. Combine that with "comfort waist" pants so you don't have a problem fitting with or without the gun, and you'll be amazed what you can hide in a tuckable holster under a tucked shirt with very little visible lump. If anyone does ask, just use the "insulin pump, thank you so much for pointing it out to everybody, jerk" line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MOHAA Player, nice choice. I have owned a PT-99 and 92c for a very long time (both blue) and they have been very good Pistols. Does anyone know when they stopped making the PT-99. I noticed that Taurus has a PT-92 listed that you can still buy.

·
Registered
467 Posts
greenflash107;
The last page of the large frame pistols on the Taurus website has 2 models of the 99 still listed. One in blue and one in SS.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Michigan.

Hope you enjoy your pt99 as much as I do mine.!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts