Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me?

i just bought my new taurus pt92 afs..last march 1 2012.. i noticed that there is no "miami fl" print on the slide.. can anyone enlighten me?

i search to taurus website and key in my serial no. and no matches found.. theres a statement in that specific information may not be available especially on older models..

but how could it be? its the new model with rails and decocker.. :(

can anyone enlighten me? :confused:thanks

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
First off Welcome to the forum.
Why not call Taurus Customer Service and see if they can give you some information? Or I am sure someone will come along soon and maybe in a postion to help you out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jonrjen for the warm welcome..

Im all the way from south east asia and Iam just hoping that someone can answer in this forum based on their knowledge..:)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
There are only 5 models currently made in Miami, PT22 and 25, PLY 22 and 25, and the TCP, 738 and 732 (not really sure about the 732). So your 92 should be made in Brazil, or Brasil ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i saw different pt92's in the net with prints in their left slide "miami fl" and i just wondering why may gun has no prints of that..It is made in brazil as it engraves.. heres the picture of my new gun

thanks..need your inputs

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your fine new PT92!

Sorry I can't assist you with your question.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Well I had to go look at my pt92afs.

On the side that you show in your picture there is no miami fl engraving. However, on the other side towards the front (muzzle end) under there it is "miami fl" in about 1/8 of an inch lettering.

I cannot help you as to why yours doesn't have this or why mine does, all I know is it flat out shoots.

I hope someone can come along and help you out.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Tano, if you live outside of the US, your Taurus guns might not go through Miami, they might come directly from Brazil instead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to all who reply.. :) your right taurus10,, it came directly to brazil,,manufactured dec 2011..

someone called taurus for me in the other gun forum and found out that it was directly came to brazil.. :)

thank you guys :)

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Tano, if you live outside of the US, your Taurus guns might not go through Miami, they might come directly from Brazil instead.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think to clarify the point, since all are made in Brazil, the "Miami,Fl" designates those specifically for US import due to Sarbanes Oxley Act.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts