Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife agreed to let me get my 10 year anniversary present early, so I ran to Academy today and picked up the last Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm they had in stock for $379. It wasn't even in the case they had it in the safe. I'll be cleaning it tonight and taking it to the range tomorrow. I'll check back in tomorrow with a range report. I did notice though that when the magazine is fully loaded, the rounds rattle a little bit, has anyone else noticed this, or is there something I can do to correct it?

Cheers,
Lee

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Lie Rawmade said, the magazine rattles in the firearm when inserted, my G2 40 does this but it does not affect the operation and when concealed carrying unless you are running you will not notice it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have the original 24/7 pro c and my rounds rattle in the mag when fully loaded. Doesn't effect anything.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
What does that small switch looking deal on the side do? My old 24/7 doesn't have that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think your talking about the take-down lever. The G2 uses one of those on each side instead of the pin on the old style.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There probably isnt much of a fix for the actual rounds rattling, but for the magazine rattling, I put electrical tape on both sides of the mag to where it fits a bit more snug, not to the point where it affects release but it no longer makes noise and doesnt move side to side much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did notice one mag rattles where as the other does not, no biggie and I'm going to try the electrical tape to prevent mag wiggle. It shot rather well, but I think it's going to take me a few trips to the range to get used to it. I think I'm going to switch from the large palm swell to the medium nest time as well. 100 rds went too quickly. Now comes the hard part, figuring out what to call her.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quick note about my one mag, I had read somewhere that it is caused by a round not sitting properly in the mag and giving the mag itself a good tap can help reseat them. I tested this out today and after giving it a decent hit on the bottom (mag not in the gun although some said you could) it went away. Give it try, might help with it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
both of my mags do that. Did the rap on the bottom and it still rattles in one but not to worry as I have had no issue with feeding. up to 800 rounds now.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
new to site but proud owner af a pt809 for a year with 500 rnds without a single problem other than not enough ammo to shoot.Just picked up a 24/7 g2 compact .40 havn't shot it yet but cant wait to break her in, but both have the mag rattle. i had used the tape on the 809 and it still rattled but the tape dampened the sound to where you didnt hear it at all.Tried the tape on the 24/7 and it has so much more of a gap you could still hear it.So im at work and it hit me o-ring so i started grabing different sizes off the shelf and trying them out. and a 1" diameter 1/16 thickness solved everything and it still releases as it should since the o ring sits between the mag base and the bottom of the pistol instead of in the mag chamber itself... and no more swapping tape every month and having stickie tape residue everywhere. Hope this helps everyone who doesnt like the rattle.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I've had one for about 3 Months now maybe a 1000 rds down range no problems, I let my mags rattle when i push that mag release button i want that mag to fall out so i can insert my my fresh mag ASAP

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.