Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New member but I've been shooting Taurus pistols for a while now (PT-111 G2 (2 of them), PT 24/7 G2 .45, TCP, PT-709, PT-22). I recently picked up a NIB Spectrum from my LGS. I took it out to the range and tried some steel (Tula) and some brass (WWB) ammo. For the most part it's about 50 / 50 when I pull the trigger. I'll squeeze it and it will fire, release the trigger fully and then squeeze it again and get nothing. The next trigger pull will go bang, then another click. I guess it's good thing it has 2nd Strike capability but it's not something I want to rely on. I'm not having any FTFs or FTEs. I'm not taking any remedial action such as Tap, Rack, Bang or having to force the gun back into battery. Has anyone else had this problem with their Spectrum?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Common problem, light primer strikes, need to send it back to Taurus. Good luck! Mine came back after 4 months ran perfect for 300 rounds now its doing it again, so it will live the rest of its days in the safe with the occasional range trip.

·
Registered
227 Posts
what work did they do on first trip.

Common problem, light primer strikes, need to send it back to Taurus. Good luck! Mine came back after 4 months ran perfect for 300 rounds now its doing it again, so it will live the rest of its days in the safe with the occasional range trip.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Welcome from Cherokee County Georgia.
Anything less than 100% is unacceptable for an EDC weapon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem . failed 60% of the time although I was using steel case ammo. Taurus has the spectrum. said it is repaired waiting on testing.
Hopefully will get it back soon. iI really like the Spectrum , hope they make permanment repairs.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I just bought a pair of these guns. I'm starting to believe maybe I should pull them out and shoot both of them make sure they're all right before I put them away.

I was planning on shooting one as a range toy for Grins and Giggles and put the other one away in the Box. I think now I'll test fire both of them.

Don

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome to the site...... Unfortunately, this is an ongoing problem for this pistol. Oh, how I wish Taurus would admit there is a design flaw, correct it, and isuue a 2.0 version of the Spectrum. I'd buy another or more in a heartbeat. Some folks have said they tore theirs down when new and gave a full clean and lube, and have had good luck. Even after that and a "repair" by Taurus, mine was still unreliable. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all the replies, info and welcomes! I'm hoping to get it back out to the range again this weekend with some other ammo to see if I get different results. I'm not looking forward to sending a brand new gun in for warranty work. This is the first time Taurus has disappointed me, hopefully it will be the last.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts