Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
35,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I stated in the settlement thread, I shipped my old, worn out 24/7 Pro 9mm into Taurus on 8/6 and got a G2C back today, total elapsed time 9 days. I'll post pics of it when I can, but it's pretty standard fare, cardboard box, orange Taurus lettering on the box, 2 mags, the gun, and a barrel lock.

Can you tell me if anybody else has any issues with putting a magazine into the gun? I have to slap the butt end of the mag to get it to go into the magazine well. I'm not sure if this is something that is normal, or if there is a problem. I notice there is a see-through notch about the middle of the mag, it may be getting stopped by that but its not stopping it enough to keep a good slap from pushing it in like it should be.

This is a nice looking gun and feels good in the hand, I need to break it down and give it a good cleaning, then get it to the range. I may do a side by side comparison of the G2C versus the Shield, which I just got last month, they're really similar in size and I suspect either would be great in the role of concealed carry.

·
Super Moderator
36,097 Posts
I'm thinking it's stiff magazine springs also.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Well, my G2C does this "lightly", and so does my Ruger LCP I & II. I, when inserting a magazines, have got into the practice of pushing in on the mag release, as I insert the magazine. I have done this so much, that I do it without even thinking about it on all my handguns. Never have had a problem with dropping the mag back out or anything.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
OOOF what are ya`ll thinking "Loaded Mag sitting unattended for 24 hours?" why that is just asking for trouble suppose the Mag jumps up "LOADS" itself and decides to kill. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts