Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a new 444, and after about 60 rounds of moderately warm magnum, the trigger began sticking on one particular chamber, and i noticed some new cylinder play after taking it home and cleaning it. before firing it the cylinder had the welded to the frame feel. anybody else have these issues and have any idea of the best way to handle them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine is fairly new also. I only have about 400 rounds through it of 225gr hornady. Haven't experience what you had experienced. Not sure what to tell you but if you are not happy- use the lifetime warranty. Good luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Personally, I would refrain from sending it back for service until you have a definite problem. The design of these revolvers leaves a little bit of slop in the lockup, that's what the forcing cone is for. Have you taken it apart to clean and lube it? If there is some dirt or old grease in there it could be causing your sticking issue. Clean and keep shooting until there is a real issue like lead shaving or jamming.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i might be a little paranoid as this is my first gun, but the cylinder wiggle does irk me a bit. i made sure it was sparkling after shooting it. the only time i have the sticking issue is when the cylinder is very hot, and i can't replicate it at home with spent brass. i'm just nor sure if that warrants any concern.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's fine to expect perfection from a gun you just spent lots of cash on. Just give it a chance to break in first. By cleaning, I meant have you taken it apart to sew if there might be some shipping grease inside which could cause many weird things to happen with function. There are a few tutorials in the smithing section that can guide you through.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how deep of a disassembly would you recommend? i don't really think i have the means for a complete take down.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well for a complete cleaning you would need to take the entire thing apart. Do you have a local smith that you could take it to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts