Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked it up for around $450 brand new. 5'' barrel, stainless steel, and schweeeet as hell :D

I just wish it came with 2-17rd mags instead of the 10's....

Took it out for some shooting, the first two rounds FTL. It seemed like the slide moved forward so fast the round didn't have time to get chambered, so I took a cloth and wiped all the grease it had on it from the factory. After that, flawless 8) I bought this to replace my Glock 22C. This gun is MUCH more safe around the kids and feels like a "solid" gun. The glock always felt like a toy to me. I just gotta find a way to CC this PT92 :loco:

Range shoot. I hate this range, it's so dark :mad:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I'm 22 and I put about 50 rounds through the glock, and that sums up my handgun experience. So this Taurus seems to be a nice "beginner" gun :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Congrats on the new weapon! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine (1500 rounds and counting, 0 malfuntions). You're right about that range, how do find your gear when it's time to leave there???

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the only indoor range nearby so I'm kinda stuck going there. Maybe I'll get a flashlight to mount on the gun???

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where is the best place to get the hi-cap mags?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe a portable commode as well? :D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
congrats you're gonna luv that gun, that range is down right creepy with the lighting.
if you're not happy with the stock grips i'd recommend either hogue soft rubber side panels, or pachmayr's wrap around's, the pachmayr's are a bit fat though so need a good size hand for them.

if you dont mind OWB i might recommend he fobus BRV, fit's taurus w-rail and beretta vertec's

very comfy, not very expensive, good construction, but it does ride low so long shirts a must.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, I love that holster!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new PT92 and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
You got yourself a good gun, congrats!

PT917 might've been a better choice if you want to CCW. It's basically the same gun with slightly shorter barrel/slide.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What other upgrades can I get for it? I like the trigger on your gun :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Are you talking about my PT1911? You should get one too than :D

Have to ask, did you mean the feel of the single action 1911 trigger or the shape of it? I don't think you can get another trigger for 92 that resamples 1911 trigger, but you can make the trigger on the PT92 a little lighter by installing a Beretta's D- spring. Check out a thread in the Smithing boad. Also any competent gunsmith should be able to do a trigger job for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I, too just picked up my new PT92AF today. I had narrowed down my choices to a 24/7 or the PT92 and liked the heft of the 92 more. Feels alot like my PT1911, plus I liked the DA/SA and decocker features.

BIG question! Is the front of the barrel supposed to have some play in it? I realize that the lock-up is at the rear of the barrel and it doesn't have a true support at the front, but it seems that the approximately 1/64" play that I find would possibly throw off the accuracy.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I didn't notice it at the store so I didn't compare with another gun. They didn't have any more in stock anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed a very small amount of play in the front of the barrel as well....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts