Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I took my new PT92 out shooting for 1st time today, I put 400 rounds thru her and had Zero issues. Everything feed great and ejected great after reading about other where the brass was coming back at them. About myself I have owned 2 other Taurus's 38 ultra-lite and 357 tracker and never had any problems with any of them and know there are alot of haters out there but they always worked good by me. Iam retired law enforcement and owned the Beretta version years ago. As far as 9mm goes this is going to be my favorite. That said there were a couple things I had to change on it , 1st were the cheap grips with Stoner G10 Arctic Camo , 2nd was the mag with Mec-Gar 18 round. Reading on here about the perpetuity grip screw unscrewing with frame bushing - this happen to me , they must have lock-tite the grip screw and not the frame bushing -had to heat up the bushing to remove the grip screw with pliers and that worked out fine. When loading stock mags rounds were not going in straight at times and couldn't get 17 in but shooting - had no issues. So new mag and grips and this is one fantastic piece - had alot of people wanting asking me what that is.

·
9,107 Posts
Wow, now that is a sweet PT92. Those artic grips are amazing. Gonna be a beauty everyone is going to ask about.

·
Administrator
40,590 Posts
A handsome pistola you have there. Couldn't take my eyes off the grips!:thumb:

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yes a great pistol!! Congratulations!! I have wanted one for a long time and literally last night I was all set to finally get one. The price was at the "going rate". Fate stepped in and presented me the option of a super clean Taurus PT1911 at an exceptional price. I had to get it. The 92 is next though and when I do I'm putting those grips on it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot there was one other thing I forgot to mention , when shooting groups were nice and tight but were all shooting left. , after looking at rear sight the center dot on slide near rear sight was not centered .. easily fixed with a couple hammer taps on rear sight in dovetail and got it centered with the slide dot and was then hitting target dead center. The fit and finish on this was excellent after examining, everything was flawless and I don't remember my Beretta ever being like this .. they must have really refined these over the years! Very happy with purchase and for the price of these it's simply unbeatable as I have some over $1K pistols and this is right there with them.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Danny, I love those grips. Not often impressed with aftermarket stuff but I like those. Now I might have to look to see if they offer those for the PT92C!

Reactions: william

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I couldn't be happier with the Stoner Grips- The fit and finish are absolutely perfect - they are a top end product and I like the cross hatch as they are not overly aggressive. my opinion they are well worth the $55 price tag.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Beautiful stainless gun, and the grips are stunning. Congrats !

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois and congrats on the new pistol! I had my PT 92 AFS out yesterday was reminded that it needs to get out more...they are amazing guns.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum, beautiful gun!

Someone refresh my memory, what is the "-D" after AFS? Heck, I can't even remember what the AF stands for anymore.

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
Welcome to the forum, beautiful gun!

Someone refresh my memory, what is the "-D" after AFS? Heck, I can't even remember what the AF stands for anymore.
heck I got an old 99 so all them letters don't mean much to me but let me take a wild guess from memory--D---decocker-- AF---- alloy Frame??

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
heck I got an old 99 so all them letters don't mean much to me but let me take a wild guess from memory--D---decocker-- AF---- alloy Frame??
And S for stainless! I think we put it back together....

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
That's an absolutely gorgeous pistol. I really wish that Taurus hadn't discontinued importing the PT100, because I would love to own one in .40 S&W. I should really ask my LGS to keep an eye out for one on my behalf.

·
Registered
37,079 Posts
That's an absolutely gorgeous pistol. I really wish that Taurus hadn't discontinued importing the PT100, because I would love to own one in .40 S&W. I should really ask my LGS to keep an eye out for one on my behalf.
Man!! you missed out when CDNN had the PT100 on close out sale.
they had the 100 and 101??(adjustable sights) on close out at their usual ridiculous prices on such things.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts