Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love them both. They are both accurate and eat everything I feed them. I bought the PT1911 on Mar 2nd. I was originally looking for the XD, but I thought I would retire my PT92AR SS and traded it for the PT1911. Five days later, I found my XD and bought it as well! I couldn't be more happy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrnuke7571 said:
Nice..

Now do a comparison on accuracy and let us know. ;)
They are both accurate. Neither one is more accurate than the other. I'm sure a pro comp shooter would see a difference, but I would have no problem defending myself with either. If I WAS going to be in a gun fight and I had to pick one, I would pick the XD just because of the larger mag capacity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mrnuke7571 said:
Really? I'd have thought the XD wouldn't have the accuracy of the pt1911.
I might have to check those out.
Like I said, maybe a pro comp shooter would see a difference, but I'm not a pro shooter. I just shoot good and practice safe firearm handling procedures! All I know is that I'm happy owning a Steel & Tupperware Pistol in the best caliber! WOOT!

I'll do some bench rested shooting sometime in the near future and post the results here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was just wondering what kind of groups you get with one vs the other.

You don't have to be a pro comp shooter to get good groups.

I never shot the XD but know my pt1911hd can touch all the shots off hand at 25feet, and I have yet to shoot a non 1911 type gun the same way. ;D Trust me I am no pro comp shooter either. Best I can do with my 9mm PT911 is 4-6" at 25-30feet :-\.

I'm always on the look out for accurate sidearms.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the PT1911 and the same XD ( bitone in 4" ) and while I trust the Xd with my life My PT1911 is a little more accurate, at 15 yds their about the same but at 25yds the 1911 is much better( XD 6 inch group-- 1911 3inch ) does that matter in a gunfight ?? I don't think so. I feel any pistol that will hold every round in a paper plate ( 9" ) at 25 yds is more than accurate for defencive purposes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand you don't have to be a Pro Shooter to get good groups. What I meant was that I personally can tell no difference between these 2 pistols as to which one is more accurate.

I will do a more in depth accuracy "test" between the two next time I go out. When I first shot them, I was at a small public range. I didn't have all the time needed to take my time and do a good comparison as there were people waitng for the 25 yard range. I'm going to be going to a friends house to shoot sometime soon so I will be able to take my time. I'll post my results.

Frosteyes, I totally agree with you on the paper plate comment. I'm not SWAT so I don't have to be able to circumsize a fly at 25 yards with a pistol!

·
Registered
111 Posts
+ 1 on the fly. I've had the opertunity to have both pistols in a Ransom Rest and they are pretty close that way my PT1911 shot a 1.678 group @ 25 yds and the XD did a 1.980 group, as you can see the pistols will shoot better than this old guy holding them. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.