Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was broken when I received it :-[ After unlocking it, the slide does not retract all the way open, it stops about a 1/8 of a inch! I am sending it back to Bud's for a new one, once in a while we get a lemon! I didn't want to attempt to diagnose the problem because I did not want to make it look like I tampered with it....So, I am sure I will get a new one next week and then.....................................we can wait the obligatory California 10 days..................that feel like 30 days....................FWIW, the sales people at Bud's said there are no more Taurus returns than any other firearm and the gun with the fewest problems is.............(drum roll....................) A Bersa .380.......go figure!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Man that sucks! It is probably a quick fix but I understand why you didn't want to mess with it. I hope you end up liking yours as much as I like mine.

My gunshop is the largest in Little Rock and probably in all of Arkansas(outside of the major retail stores) They told me that the Millenium Pros have been extremely good guns and they have had very few problems. He named several very popular guns and told me about all of the problems they have had. You never read about them online for some reason.

They did acknowledge that Taurus had a few problem weapons throughout the years but that they have seen a great increase in durability and performance over the last 5 years. They weren't just blowing smoke, bc I was about to buy a Glock. However, the web reports have made me wonder. Mine has been flawless for 500 rounds and i am going to put another 150 through it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
funny...my gun shop said the same thing about bersa. i was looking at one a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
I just picked up this PT145 at a gun show today. Picture is post cleaning. I've never had a problem with a Taurus firearm (knock-knock) except for an older revolver that lost timing.

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
Just went over 1700 rounds in mine last week. Flawless so far. I would have expected a fail to eject or something by now, but I'm very pleased with what I've got.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought a new PT-145 today. All looks well. I may take it to the gun range tomorrow.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Put close to 1k rounds down the tube on my PT 145 Pro, have had 0 problems...except two weeks ago I had 3 stovepipes...and figured out it was because I didn't run that batch of ammo through the crimping die, and that was 3 out of 100 rounds. Ran another 100 through it today (used the crimping die this time) and had zero malfunctions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
had my pt145 for about 6months put close to 800 tru it and have had 0 problems with it .have a pt92 for about 15 years put about 6000 rounds tru it and have about 1 problem with it .the problem was my fault did not clean it good enough. so really that should be 0 problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally I can begin the 145 countdown................ :judge: My FFL has finally received my 2nd 145 (first one the slide didn't slide back all the way) 10 days and counting I will hold MY new gun! Can hardly wait to join the fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts