Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a PT111CA this week. It is my first handgun. Bought it brand new from a friend, never been fired. I'm reading it's kind of a hybrid model. Pro w a non pro slide submitted for caifornia approval? Mags say pt111pro 10 rd but slide is stamped pt111ca. Range tested before buying. I really like it. Nice lightweight and compact. Seemed to easily target with it.

*Trying to figure out how to post pics from iPad

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi!

In short order, you will see that we are blessed to have the friendliest and most knowledgeable handgun folks that one could ever hope to find on a forum such as this.

Also, the TaurusArmed.net staff of Moderators, Super Moderators, and Administrators are really top notch professionals who keep us all "honest", and help provide an atmosphere of learning and civility among this ever-growing circle of Taurus enthusiasts.

Be sure to check out the Millennium Pro section~~lot's of great threads and pics.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't own a CA MilPro but from reading the posts from other members who owned 1, I believe the CA model is the 3rd gen MilPro with DAO trigger and 10 round mag limit.

Edit: You can check your gun on this page.

·
Registered
29,895 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. ;)

And how'd "CA" tricked out PT111 end up in Delaware?

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Congratulations from Colorado! I wish you luck with your new Taurus. You will like the discipline of target shooting, and this forum is easily one of the very best on the internet - knowledgeable, yet friendly (definitely NOT "high-speed/low-drag tacti-cool pretentious-types" of) people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. ;)

And how'd "CA" tricked out PT111 end up in Delaware?
My friend had bought it online and was shipped to him here in DE. It's a da/sa trigger on this model. I guess I will need to download some pics to my laptop to post up. Can't do it from iPad.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great! Hope you have a blast with your new purchase.

Welcome from Arkansas. Home of the White and Little Red river,trout fishing at it's best.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

I have a PT111 and it is my carry piece I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Welcome form Port Richey Fl.Nice purchase you made.I have 2 Taurus pistols and love them both.One is a PT 145.I am thinking about a Pt 111 for the wife.Let us know how it does at the range.Lots of friendly helpful folks here.Seem to me to be the best forum I've found yet on firearms.No gun bashing that I read so far.No one to make you feel like your not welcome eather.Just tons of great imfo.Like I found out.I was told here that there are no stupid questions here except for the ones you don't ask.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the pt111 with 12 round mags . I love it just got my ccw and it has been with me ever since. And also this is the best forum ive found for info on taurus brand pistols

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Welcome aboard from Largo, Fl. This IS the Taurus information center. These guys either know, or can find out just about anything Taurus.
Check through the stickies and jump on in to the frenzy. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've noticed it fires a little low to left. 2 friends shot it, say same thing. wonder should I call them about it?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
If you check posts around here, you will see a lot a real lot of LOW, left or right. Usually it is the owner, and the short gun, and the fact that the slightest movement in grip, and trigger finger can throw things off. Not always, but the majority seem to be fixed with practice (correct practice).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts