Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a pt111 with a tan frame about 2 weeks ago. It was NIB w/2 mags for 289.00. Having owned a Taurus before, I didn't hesitate to get this one. I have taken to the range twice now and put about 400 rounds through it. No problems at all. My main pistol has been a Glock 17 for quite a while, the Taurus did have a different feel to get used to. The grip I like better than the Glock 26, the long take on the trigger took just a few shots to adapt. It took quite a few more rounds to get it to shoot where I wanted it to. I was shooting quite a bit low, which I read is common with these guns. I am still trying to adapt to the sights. But overall I am very pleased with my new gun and am looking forward to more discussion on this forum.

·
32,789 Posts
Another satisfied Brothers of the PT111 Mil/pro group. :) Glad to hear things are working out for you. That price is great.

The trigger pull does take a bit of getting used to, but once mastered repeat shots come fast and with accuracy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the trigger was never really a problem at all. The long pull doesnt mean anything to me as long as its a smooth pull. I'm still not as accurate with it as I'd like, but I am OK with it. But the main thing about it was just the feel of it. I looked at quite a few subcompacts, I liked the way this one felt in my hand the best. Oh yeah, and the tan frame is just too cool! :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I bought a PT1911... with the same Heinie sights. They shoot dead on, but Taurus lowered the rear sight by about 1/8" which will raise the point of impact... VVVVVERY In-teresting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.