Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this on Gunbroker.com last month. Had Trijicon Night Sights installed (TS02), Pearce finger groove insert (Officers model), Hogue hex head grip screws (Beretta 92019). I put 150 rounds through it 2 weeks ago, and another 100 last Sunday. Very accurate and fun to shoot. This will be my summer months carry weapon. I love it! Have no ieda why Taurus discontinued the 900 series!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very nice, I have been looking at those on Gunbroker myself. I read where they can use standard 92 mags, just stick out some.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a beautiful pistol!

I guess the trend nowadays is more towards poly pistols. I believe the huge acceptance of Glock by the American handgun-buying public has prompted other gun companies to get on the poly bandwagon.

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
I got out to fire my 911 yesterday also for the first time. It does handle very nice, has a great weight distrabution feel in the hand. Mine doesn't have the rail on it and I have been thinking about ordering one from Robinsons with the trail.

Sweet looking little pistol !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read where they can use standard 92 mags, just stick out some.
Not true. The 92 mags might work if you cut new holes for the mag release.

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
It is amazing what a difference those Hogue stainless hex screws make the pistol look. Cheapest I have located the 4 screws is around $11.48 shipped...does that sound about right?
On the Pierce finger grooves, is there a stock number for those, or is it just for a Commander or Officers size pistol grip?

·
Administrator
17,670 Posts
Very Nice!!! :cool: Congratulations!

I also wish Taurus had not cut the 900 series out. On a positive note, the 800 series seems to be working out very well.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is amazing what a difference those Hogue stainless hex screws make the pistol look. Cheapest I have located the 4 screws is around $11.48 shipped...does that sound about right?
On the Pierce finger grooves, is there a stock number for those, or is it just for a Commander or Officers size pistol grip?
I paid $8.76 shipped from Hogue two months ago, but it looks like they have raised their prices.

Here is a link for the Pearce insert.
PEARCE GRIP 1911 Compact Model Rubber Finger Groove Insert PGOM1 | eBay

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
Alright then, two each set of Hogue hex screws on the way, and one each finger groove ordered this morning.

Now for the big question, what to do with the extra set of Hogue hex screws.....so I order another 911? If so, do I order it in stainless so that I will have both a rail and non-rail 911. Or order a 911 in black and then swap out some of the stainless parts with the black and have the two mirror image pistols in Duo-tone that were never offered in this model? What makes the choice so difficult is that the stainless is only priced $20 higher than the black. But, if I can work up the gonades to do the parts swap, I would have two exceptional looking pistols never producded in that combination.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think 2 duo-tone pistols would be cool.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Elwood, enjoy your new weapon! Very nice!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also picked up a NIB PT 911 in stainless with the rail from Robertsons. It should be delivered this Friday to my FFL. I am looking forward to shooting this little gem of a pistol. I plan to make it my primary CCW piece over my FNP 40 that I carry now. I'll either carry it IWB or SOB. Not sure which yet. I may try both ways for a while and then decided which is best. I'll let you all know what I think about it after I get to shoot it.

·
Registered
13,871 Posts
When I ordered my two PT911 (1 stainless & 1 black) I received them within two days and in perfect condition. Both, seem to have an extra amount of Taurus packing grease coating.
I haven't cleaned them as of today, but I will be getting around to it soon. FYIW, if you choose to look for different grips for the 911 the grips for the PT940 are the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts