Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, as some of you know i just got a pt 111 and pt 145.i like them but am not very good at shooting them.with my 24/7 pro 9mm i hit almost center everyshot at 10 yards but with the mil pros they are low real low.is there any advice you can give me any tips(like grip or stance)I have only took them to the range 1 time and it was like 95 degrees outside and i had sweet running down my face and eyes so conditions were not perfict.as i started aiming high i was hitting much better.a good friend told me to use the sandbags at the range to rest the gun on.i have never seen this done before but i have seen them there.how do i do this? do i rest the bottom of the trigger on the bags or the bottom of the mag.i can use the 24/7 and hit the center of the target all day long.

thanks rwcreigh

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Congrats on your new weapons, just keep practicing. It will all come together. But then you know that.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
congrats!...i love my pt145. i was shooting low and right my first few trips out with it. i have fairly small hands and i was trying to wrap my hand around the grip to much and i was putting to much finger on the trigger, also you have to line the heinie sights up a certain way. there is a place on the sight that shows how to line them up, but i forgot where i saw it at...im sure someone will post the link.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey rwcreigh, congrats on the PT 145! It appears that just about everyone on the forum has initially had trouble with their Heinie sights at first. Mine was shooting center, but 6 inches low at first. I swore it was the sights, but then I read the post on how to sight with these sights and that helped quite a bit. The trick is to center the front sight dot directly over the rear dot and while you're doing that, place the front dot at your desired POI. Another thing I did was get some Snap Caps and place a target up in the house (106 degrees outside right now) then practiced my trigger squeeze until I got it right. I found that with the SA trigger (always have had DAO's) I was dropping the front sight ever so slightly just as the firing pin was released to strike the primer. Once I understood this and corrected it, I am in the 8-10 rings the majority of the time. Hope this helps a little, let us know how it goes. :)

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
Hey RW I put the front site on the spot where I wanted the hole to appear. After it breaks in, the point of aim should move down a bit. If you use sandbags, rest your hands as the cup the grip on top of the sandbag. I've used this method for long distance pistol shots.

While you were at the range, I was at the gunshow in Pasadena. I had decided to get the same deal you got at Academy, but I wanted to check the gunshow first. I got this 145 for just $20 more, but when I saw it, I had to have it!

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
Tan/stainless

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CJS3 said:
Hey RW I put the front site on the spot where I wanted the hole to appear. After it breaks in, the point of aim should move down a bit. If you use sandbags, rest your hands as the cup the grip on top of the sandbag. I've used this method for long distance pistol shots.

While you were at the range, I was at the gunshow in Pasadena. I had decided to get the same deal you got at Academy, but I wanted to check the gunshow first. I got this 145 for just $20 more, but when I saw it, I had to have it!
thanks......i like your new 45.I would have gotten the tan if they had one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts