Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
9,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to add another facet to my carry rotation which currently is a TP9SA, Ruger SR9C, and now a Ruger LCP2.
Gun Firearm Starting pistol Trigger Revolver
I picked this up NIB for $240 OTD. The LCP2 has been reviewed lots, so I won't go into the differences between the LCP and this model. After dressing formal for my daughter's wedding I realized I needed a micro to carry in a suit pocket. My suit coat would cover my normal carries, but the chance of displaying on accident is quite high when drinking and dancing.
Ammunition Revolver
My LCP2 weighs 10.1 oz unloaded and 14.3 oz loaded with 7+1 90grn Hornady CD's. The trigger pull is 3/8" of pre travel hitting a hard wall with a 6lb break, followed by a 3/16" reset. I added a Hogue handall grip to help me control this noisy cricket. It came with one 6 round mag with a pinky extension, I purchased a 7 round mag as well. Had to remove the Ruger pinky extension as it was beating up one of my knuckles when firing.
Electronic device Technology Gadget
Put a bit of white paint on the front sight to help my crappy eyes. Also had to mod the trigger area to keep from pinching my trigger finger. I filed/sanded a bevel into the frame at the front of the trigger shoulder. Also sanded down the pointy trigger blade and safety to keep from pinching the bottom of my trigger finger.
Darth vader Fictional character
Well obviously I need more trigger time to compensate for the lefty issues, but overall at 10 yards, accuracy was pretty good ( not as good as a Spectrum ). So far the LCP2 has run 120 rounds of cheap Herters brass ball, Rem UMC, Amer Eagle, Hornady SD and Extrema SD ammo with no failures. I will be using the pocket holster it came with when carrying. I did test suit coat and pant pocket carry and it works fine. So all in all a good add to my rotation. More reviews coming - I picked up a pair of Tristar CZ clones ( S120 and L120 ) as well as a pair of RIA Ultra FS tactical 1911's in 45 and 9mm. Oh boy am having fun testing those out. Thanks for reading.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
The Ruger LPC II is my regular summer carry. I think you will like it. Good choice!

Reactions: silverstring
1 - 2 of 2 Posts