Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Smith and Wesson 642 Airweight. SWEEEET!!! It fits perfectly in the front pocket of my jeans.

Todd

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wazzup fellow roadie!? Do u carry in pocket? I've considered it but always worried about that outline. It IS a beauty. What r the dimentions?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I plan to carry it in my front pocket, but it will also fit in a cargo pocket (i.e., cargo shorts) or a rear pocket. I ordered a Mikas pocket holster for it, which should break up the outline and make it easier to draw. Here are the dimensions from the website:

Model: 642
Caliber: .38
Capacity: 5 Rounds
Barrel Length: 1 7/8"
Front Sight: Integral Front
Rear Sight: Fixed
Grip: Rubber Grips
Frame: Small - Centennial Style
Finish: Matte
Overall Length: 6 3/8"
Material: Alloy/Stainless Steel
Weight Empty: 15 oz.

Notice the 15oz weight of the gun? Very nice... And, it's also rated for +P ammo. Taurus also make the 85UL, which is similar, but nobody in town had them in stock and the price is nearly the same betweeen the two.

Have you been riding much?

Todd

·
Super Moderator
35,225 Posts
Love those things, very affordable, too! I really was thinking about buying one, but I'm pretty flush with snubbies right now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I pocket carry a 642 in a Desantis nemesis holster.A buddy just got the Mika for his though,and it does seem nice.
We both used our 642's the other night in IDPA.He only had 3 points down all night..I had a ton down,but I was shooting too fast.After almost 2 boxes of 38 Winclean my hand was a little sore.I usually only do a box at a session w/ the little gun.
He's also got the CT lazer grip(LG-405)...now I want one of those!

·
Registered
545 Posts
If your 642 is as accurate as my 37, you will never leave home without it. I can't get over how nice mine shoots. Dbl. action at 50', hits a paper plate.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice light weight! The latest generation of revolvers in these light wieghts will help to resurrect the snubbie as a carry gun. Revolvers are such a dependable piece. My only issue is only five rounds in most cases. I still may have to consider a lightweight .38, put it on the want list.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Agreed, the 642 really is the perfect pocket pistol. I just returned from a local gun show and bought me some vintage J frame grips and a well used Tyler grip. For $ 35 I now have a light revolver that gives me good purchase, takes speed loaders much better than the original grips...and it looks cool...eh? Adding a little old to the new...just wish it did not have a Hillary Hole in the side.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Makes me wonder how long until someone starts making an oversized "tactical" cylinder release to cover up the lock hole. Then again, it might already be out there and I just haven't heard about it yet.

Steelheart

·
Registered
89 Posts
Steelheart: Great idea! Somebody could make some quick money on this one.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The other idea that I haven't seen yet is a bayonet for all those pistols that have the underbarrel rail. I know that I don't have any use for the one on my XD.

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Intimidation and if someone IS foolish enough to try and take the gun from me they will have something else to think about. The drawback is that I would have to buy another holster so I could carry with it mounted!

Steelheart

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am happy with my 442 that acts as big brother to my "no gun" P3AT:

Since this pic I have added a laser to the 442 and use a better holster.

(when I have the P3AT, I do not carry extra .38+P ammo. I plan to shoot it dry, drop and draw... The extra P3AT mag is just in case the bad guys come in really offensive numbers.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 442 that goes with me frequently...not in a pocket though. I carry it IWB in front of my hip. It disappears under any shirt worn out. It's a good shooter too for being so small and light.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is one nice looking weapon! I'm going to have to handle one next visit to the GS. Enjoy. :thumb:

g19erusa

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
+1

Very nice 442 Techres. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts