Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a PT99 back in 2002 and loved it, but sold it to get my first Glock. Anyway, this one came up on gunbroker.com. It has never been fired, factory box and 2 high caps, warranty card. It is a older one which I like best, with the small serrations on the slide, wood grips, and metal guiderod. Just picked it up today, after sitting at the FFL for a week becasue he was on vacation

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice! I love both the older and newer PT92s. I see older PT92s on gunbroker offered from time to time but seldom in good condition.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is I just got it today, but found something else I want worse, so if I can get my money out of it, I plan to sell it.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
what kind? soft rubber side panels? ya hogue makes some nice rubber grips slim and comfortable.

if you have a large hand and like finger grooves i highly recommend pachmayr full signature wrap arounds..

they also come with a rubber backstrap that is nice.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6329.msg60864#msg60864

they're a bit fatter then most other grips out there but they feel good after you get use to it.. and finger grooves just feel badass.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hands are average, and the slim Hogue feel perfect IMO, but not as good as a CZ still I'm afraid.

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
I have one just like it, but with some 22,000 rounds thru it. Methinks you should keep it and just buy another gun. ;D

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Daddyo said:
Update, I put a set of Hogue grips on it I had bought for it, and man they feel nice.
Would you be interested in selling the wood panels? I am looking for a set for my 92.

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
Good Shooting! With tight and consistant grouping like that, you know you just have to keep it!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Now that is why I love my old PT92.
They shoot great!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It needs a trigger job. The double action is too heavy, and the single action needs to break cleaner. Anyone know how this is done? It is older, so it does not have the lock.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
did you put a beretta D-spring in it yet?
it's a little lighter i know when i put one in mine the DA is ok, but the SA is like a hair trigger now.

it'll be a very simple operation since you have the older model before the lock.. take you 10mins tops, 15 if you take your time.

all you need is a punch but i do no know the exact size. a slim pocket type screw driver can work in a pinch.

if that does'nt help you could always detail strip it and polish the sear and other internals.. i've never done that my self so dont ask for specifics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts