Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fretting about summer carry, once I get my CHL in the mail......I'm still trying to decide on which IWB holster to buy for my PT145, but I decided I want to have a deep concealment gun for the hot Texas months. I bought the Keltec PT-9 in Gray. Looks like a great little gun, it's billed as the smallest/thinnest 9mm conceal carry gun and boy, I believe it !! I wish Taurus made something like this......bought a spare mag and pinkie stop too.

This isn't my gun but here is a picture of my identical gun....

Does anybody know if you can have tritium sights put on this gun? Thanks !!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Keep perusing the various manufacturer's sites, you'll see tritium sights for the PF9 soon. This IS currently the smallest/thinnest, and lightest 9mm on the market today. Have you shot yours yet? I'd look into the Speer load for short-barrels as a good compromise between power and recoil, while still allowing expansion. They tweaked the bullets to allow them to expand at lower velocities, from short barrels.

Holsters are a personal matter. Your physical shape, weight, and purposes will determine where and how you'll need to address the matter of the holster. Just be sure that you're buying a holster designed for that specific gun. Multi-fit holsters tend to not fit anything tightly, and shift the gun as you move. The same can be said for belt loop sizes. A holster that fits belts "up to" will allow movement on your body unless the largest size belt is used, or the holster is designed with a limiter. :D

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ammo I bought for carry was Federal - it is related to the Hydra-Shok, but isn't.....it looks like a flat nosed FMJ, but it apparently mushrooms like a hollowpoint....I think it 'flattens' - and the penetration is supposed to be acceptable as well. I'd be interested to know more about this ammo, if anybody has any experience with it....but I'm definitely going to pick up a box of GD for it as well ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
For summer wear you might want to think along the lines of a Smart Carry. Kinda like a internal fanny pack.

You can find them at: www.smartcarry.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts