Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I got my Judge :judge: today from my now ex-FFL. He let his license lapse so that he can do more fishing. Weird. But anyway, I'll get some pictures this weekend for ya'll to drool over.

I get to shoot it next weekend. I'm stoked. :shooter:

Those Peeps are in trouble....

·
Registered
21 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! Got mine a couple of months ago and LOVE every minute with it. :clap:

·
Super Moderator
35,211 Posts
Do me a favor. Try some .45 loads bench rested at 25 yards and let me know the accuracy of this thing. I'm suspecting it'll do good to get 4" at that range, but I could be wrong. I just have my doubts about it's accuracy potential based upon experience with my Contender in .45/.410. All that free bore has a price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NativeTexan... will do. However I have to find some .45LC first.

I really want shoot the .410's. I got 5 boxes to play with.

Here are some pictures.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got to shoot the Judge on saturday. Awesome! It was extremely accurate off-hand at 10 yards. Basically aim, shoot, hit the target where you aimed. That was with .45lc

With the .410, all I had was 4 shot, 6 shot and rifled slugs. The slugs acted just like the .45lc. The shot was not as impressive as I thought, but 4 was better then the 6. Next up is some 000 or 00. I can't wait for a rattlesnake when i'm hunting.

My shooting buddy was happy too, although he didn't shoot it much (guess why). I'm sure you might ask about recoil. Well there really wasn't much felt with the .45lc, but with the .410 there was. the Slugs were the worst.

Also the only problem that I had with the gun, was that some of the Federal 6 Shot's would get stuck in the cylinder after firing, requiring me to invert the gun and force them out with the ejector rod with a good thump. I didn't have that problem with the Winchester 4 shot, so it must just be a Federal thing.

Overall, I was very impressed. If this is the current stated of Taurus, I will definitly be buying more of their guns. No problems out of 50 shots shell, 6 slugs, and 105 long colts.

Now all I need is a loan to buy more ammo.... :guns:

·
Super Moderator
35,211 Posts
Your .45 Colt loads may have recoiled less than the slugs, but trust me, they're MUCH more effective. I think the .410 slug is about .88 grains total. Energy out of a long shotgun barrel is about 500 or 600 ft lbs. It's probably pretty efficient out of the revolver, too, but I'm put my trust in 255 grains of lead over 88. LOL!

Yes, Taurus guns have continually improved over the years and the newer ones compare very well with any other revolvers on the market. Unlike Ruger (I'm a Ruger fan, too) there's a huge variety of types and styles much as with Smith and Wesson, but affordable. I'm sold on 'em, have three and may buy more. I would love to have a 4" titanium tracker.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I hope you kept the brass. You might not reload now (or know anyone who reloads) but having the brass around might some in handy in the future.

Steelheart

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steelheart said:
I hope you kept the brass. You might not reload now (or know anyone who reloads) but having the brass around might some in handy in the future.

Steelheart
I actually gave the brass to the Range Master, in return for him letting us use creative "reactive" targets at the range.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
That works too!

Steelheart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts