Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Just bought a PT709 slim for my "Wife". Although She doesn't know about it yet I'll have to make sure its safe and burn up 200 to 300 rounds just to make sure everything is ok. Then give it as Valentines present, how thoughtfull is that?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
What a "prince" of a fellow!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bout 3 pistols in the course of 2 weeks....im "giving" one to my gf. its still going to be in my name and i'll keep it at my place though.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why Thank you Gentlemen I thought I was very thoughtfull.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think you better wine and dine her and get some flowers and stuff, tell her how beautiful she is. Then present it to her NIB. Or you may end up NIB. Don't you know how this works?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you better wine and dine her and get some flowers and stuff, tell her how beautiful she is. Then present it to her NIB. Or you may end up NIB. Don't you know how this works?
I'm working on my weazle out of trouble speach, it will involve groveling.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know about that strategy. Displaying weakness or giving a bad gift can backfire badly with the wife. They don't forget anything. There is still time to plan.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Why Thank you Gentlemen I thought I was very thoughtfull.
I thought it was thoughtful of you to think of her and also thoughtful of you to think of breaking it in for her so it's one less thing she has to think about, allowing her more time to think about how thoughtful you are.
Now, I think if you want to follow up on your thoughtfullness you'll also think to give the weapon a good cleaning before giving it to her but, being thoughtful, I'm sure you already thinked of that.
And there's no doubt she'll be thankful for your thoughtfulness and will probably think of many ways to thank you. And if she thinks to thank you by giving you an equally thoughtful gift be sure to thank her and to be thankful you have a women who thinks of you and who appreciates your thoughtfulness.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I thought it was thoughtful of you to think of her and also thoughtful of you to think of breaking it in for her so it's one less thing she has to think about, allowing her more time to think about how thoughtful you are.
Now, I think if you want to follow up on your thoughtfullness you'll also think to give the weapon a good cleaning before giving it to her but, being thoughtful, I'm sure you already thinked of that.
And there's no doubt she'll be thankful for your thoughtfulness and will probably think of many ways to thank you. And if she thinks to thank you by giving you an equally thoughtful gift be sure to thank her and to be thankful you have a women who thinks of you and who appreciates your thoughtfulness.

are you a politician? :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
what a nice gesture of you.....i might be buying my gf a new toy for valentines day but she has her heart set on a Kimber Solo, i was planning on the 709 for her lets wait things out and see who wins this battle

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Just keep us posted and lets us know how that works for you.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
LOL finally told my about her "Revolver" I bought in November...funny thing I am the only one who has shot it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I am with you Long Shot, everytime I bring home a new gun I tell her I bought it for her.... till I go to the range and she ask's why am I taking her gun's. Just thought of something if she ever kick's me to the curb she will be keeping HER gun's.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Hey, Just bought a PT709 slim for my "Wife". Although She doesn't know about it yet I'll have to make sure its safe and burn up 200 to 300 rounds just to make sure everything is ok. Then give it as Valentines present, how thoughtfull is that?
Congrat's to you Sir,I hope she likes her new gun

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If she has any interest in learning about guns, you could buy her (and maybe a friend or two) a gift certificate for a all female gun safety and or a concealed carry class and give it to her with the firearm, but not as a valentines day gift.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I thought of getting the 709 for my wife, but she has a very hard time trying to lock the slide on my 740 to the rear.Might have to look at a 738 or revolver for her..

·
Registered
91 Posts
My GF would crap herself if I bought her a gun..... that being said, If I didn't have dinner plans and a "girlie" gift, she may use it on me!....lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts