Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! This is my first post since I joined on Thursday, but I would like to say thanks for the warm welcome and all.

Today I paid off and walked away with my brand new Taurus 605 .357 Magnum. They threw in a set of Hogue grips and a speedloader pouch at no charge and I bought 2 speedloaders for about 18 bucks total. I am in love with this gun and I am going to a get together with some friends and then we are going shooting.

Any other 605 owners out there who would like to share advice, stories, etc? Anything would be welcome!

Gunner

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it in stainless.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Hogue grips make the 605 very manageable with full power loads. You'll like it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the new piece!

I picked up a 650 a couple of months ago and find it well mannered at the range and real easy to carry. I also just picked up a 905 but haven't gat to shoot it yet. I expect it to be just a nice.

I'd really like to find a decent IWB for these pieces though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
comet66 said:
Congrats on the new piece!

I picked up a 650 a couple of months ago and find it well mannered at the range and real easy to carry. I also just picked up a 905 but haven't gat to shoot it yet. I expect it to be just a nice.

I'd really like to find a decent IWB for these pieces though.
The Galco Stow n go IWB holster should fit the bill, nicely. I have one for my S&W Sigma. It holds the gun very securely, allows a fast draw and re-holstering with one hand. I went to my LGS to get one for my 605 and they didn't have one in stock. Instead they had one from Brauer Bros. that I bought. It is a nylon holster with a steel belt clip and a steel reinforced top. I figured that for <$15, it was worth a try. I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup yup! I am taking it out to shoot in about an hour! I'll be back with a range report.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. Not only is this my first post on this site, but this is my 1st post ever. I always read them for advice but never posted myself. SO please excuse any rookie mistakes I may make.

I bought a 605 SS 2" at the show last weekend. Generally, I am not a big fan of taurus handguns but in fairness I have only shot the semi autos. I figured for the price, I could learn to love it. I have not shot it yet but I am going this weekend to the range.

any advice on what kind, and where to get some better grips for this model? I prefer wood (since I am not going to carry this) but open to all suggestions based on your experience.

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I wondered where a three year old post was going to take us. Anyway, I've got Hogue wood grips on my 605. They allow you to grip with all three fingers. I had their monogrips on it for a long time, and loved them as well. My 605 has been my EDC for quite a while. I carry it in a Don Hume JIT owb holster. Enjoy your new firearm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Drummin! yup, I am the guy from florida gun trader. Seems like a cool site thus far. friendly people. Thanks for turning me towards the site.

Laker,
what model are your grips? I am very interested. Thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to the range this weekend!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts