Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It arrived today

Sure feels right in my hand (G19 size but lighter)

I wonder how it takes down? Lots to learn tonight and then hope to shoot it (and several other recent acquisitions) this weekend

I once had a G43 and a G17 longslide .... But they weren't my cup-o-tea so off they went

This one feels right so far

IMG_23012020_150455_(1000_x_1000_pixel)_1579814558989.jpg

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
I suspect it takes down like all other Glocks. Buddy of mine is dying to get one of these. I like Glocks.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
Keep us informed as you learn your new gun. Curious minds want to know more.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Congrats on your new heater. Well .22lr, that sure is the prettiest Glock that I ever saw. I see a lot of fun plinking in your future. The grip frame seems large enough to hold a double stack magazine I wonder why only 10 rounds?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Congrats on your new heater. Well .22lr, that sure is the prettiest Glock that I ever saw. I see a lot of fun plinking in your future. The grip frame seems large enough to hold a double stack magazine I wonder why only 10 rounds?
Gotta give those aftermarket companies a chance to come up with a high capacity version :)

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Oh boy - I am tickled pink to see this thread! I really want one of those!!! thanks!!:)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
While I haven't shot one yet, I've had my hands on two of them. The 44 is true in size of feel of a Gen 5 model 19. The mag well is nicely flared, and the magazine has nice tabs on the side to make loading very easy even for weak hands. It does take down like a 19, but the spring on the side tabs seems stiffer than most standard Glocks.

The barrel is pencil whip thin like the TX22 and Walther's. The slide is some sort of alloy, and the coating feels somewhat like plastic. It is actually slicker in feel than Glock's regular coating.

In addition, I think the retail price is a direct aim at the cost of Tactical Solution's Glock adapter. At the moment full retail is where you can find the G44 and where you find TS's adapter when it is on sale. Given a choice, would you pay $380 for TS's kit, or buy a complete pistol for $359? Not much of a choice.

Also, extra 10 round magazines will be around the same price as TX magazine.

Maloy

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Before I forget, a couple of people I know have already changed out the sear and connector with Gen 5 parts.

I'm waiting on hearing the results.

Maloy

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
$370-$450 eh I got my eyes on the prize Taurus just hit with .357/.38 Spl/9mm 6.5 inch barrel in blue baby WHOOOO!!!!! about same price may even come down a bit...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took this new $350 .22 pistol (what I paid) to the 50' indoor range today for the first time

Considering what I've paid for Walthers, Rugers, S&W, High Standards, Taurus and Kel Tecs (all in .22lr)... The $350 didn't surprise me

It is as comfortable... or more comfortable... to shoot than any other .22 semi auto I have or have had! I was very pleasantly surprised. Of course... I said the same about my TX22

I was grouping left (off a pie plate size circle) at 50' and may need to adjust the rear sight (comes with small tool)... But it might be my trigger pull... I'm not used to Glocks. I'll wait and check again before adjusting

It ate all the ammo types I brought ... No hickups

Easy to load mags

Cool sight picture (glock)... Reminds me of my Taurus 627 with that U shaped rear white line

I like the audible reset on the trigger

It's a keeper

IMG_26012020_182128_(563_x_1000_pixel)_1580085386256.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts