Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a G2C 9mm for the sole purpose of it being a bedside pistol. It had the typical trigger safety blade hang up in which I just couldn't get past so I initially removed the trigger blade safety and then the trigger felt funny with the gap in the middle of it and Im also not fan of the long trigger pull. So I purchased one of the SAO slight curve triggers from (keep tinkering) on ebay and I absolutely love it now and it actually feels close to the same as the trigger on my Sig P320! Other upgrades include a stainless steel striker guide from Lakeline , streamlight flashlight and laser combo, rear sights painted fluorescent green and front sight painted fluorescent orange. Havn't had a chance to shoot it yet from the weather here in Ohio but hope to soon.

Attachments

·
8,897 Posts
Welcome CDS. Great job on your G2C, looks like a very formidable defense tool. Let us know how that new trigger works out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine has the blade hang up problem, but it's never caused me not to be able to fire the gun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Sounds like you did some really nice mods there...like those sights. Welcome from Indiana! ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
NICE!
Just bought a G2C recently myself. No trigger hangup, but ...as I'm sure everyone is aware, the trigger pull on that first shot is sooooo long. I'm kinda getting used to it, but I DO like the short reset. BTW, Can and how do you make the trigger pull on that first shot shorter? Is it something a gunsmith should really do or something I could do myself?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome from NEOH. Slight curve is why I didn't sell the gun. that hang up was horrible compared to the same guns I shot that didn't have it at all.

NICE!
Just bought a G2C recently myself. No trigger hangup, but ...as I'm sure everyone is aware, the trigger pull on that first shot is sooooo long. I'm kinda getting used to it, but I DO like the short reset. BTW, Can and how do you make the trigger pull on that first shot shorter? Is it something a gunsmith should really do or something I could do myself?
Pretty much a Single Action Only trigger swap changing the geometry of the trigger. I only have Just Tinkering experience so I can't speak for the others that was/ or still out there to buy. Parts for this gun is super cheap so you could do 3 different mods that are equal or less priced to 1 of those mods on a $600 gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies everyone! Havn't had a chance to shoot it yet from the ohio weather. Its just sitting in my dresser drawer waiting on an intruder or a nicer day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NICE!
all you need to do is buy a trigger from keep tinkering and install. it pretty much changes it to a short single action trigger. I love the trigger now, feels about like my sig p320.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Nice! That trigger looks great, too! Now for a range report!!

·
Vendor
149 Posts
NICE! Just bought a G2C recently myself. No trigger hangup, but ...as I'm sure everyone is aware, the trigger pull on that first shot is sooooo long. I'm kinda getting used to it, but I DO like the short reset. BTW, Can and how do you make the trigger pull on that first shot shorter? Is it something a gunsmith should really do or something I could do myself?
Sorry, I have been super busy lately and have not checked back in here as often as I should.

Most people do it themselves, you have to be careful, but it isnt an overwhelming task as long as you go slow and make sure to keep track of everything. I think I can change the trigger in my G2C about 5 times in the time it takes me to change out the trigger in my Tristar P120 once.

I have videos up on youtube about how to change out the trigger, and if you run into any issues you can always message me and ask for assistance, even if it is not my trigger you are installing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts