Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Re: My New fishing Buddy!

Should be a nice one. And you know that you'll usually catch more him too!

Steelheart

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts

The sharks you catch must be bigger than the ones I catch. LOL!

Speakin' of fishin', they have one of these things down at the local Ace hardware with a 50 lb thrust trolling motor on it. This thing is all I'd need on a lot of flats around here, pretty cool I thought. A little pricy. They wanted 1500 for the one with the trolling motor, paddle. It's made down the road in Corpus.

http://www.flatstalker.com

Dandy .44 BTW. I need me one of those. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Finally received this gun and took it to the range today.Fired 5 44 Special rounds and went to eject the empty brass from cylinder and they would not budge...Stuck.Had to use a wooden dowel to eject them.Then I tried some 44mags and the trigger/cylinder locked up.
Very discouraging to say the least.It's going back to the factory for repairs.Anyone return a gun for repairs? If I read the return instructions correctly we have to pay shipping for the return????For a faulty gun???? ???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Acerman...please keep us posted on this. I have heard of similar issues in the dis-continued .44 Special revolver, um, what was it called...the 445? See...I would love to purchase a .44 Special revolver...and Taurus got it right with the 445...at least in looks/size. The revolver must, however, work everytime you pull the trigger...otherwise...what is the point? Is your .44 mag a light weight revolver?

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Sounds like the cylinders aren't cut right or they're rough or something.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cylinders might just be very, very tight. This is especially so if they are not steel. If that is the case, you definitley should have fired the .44 mag before the .44 Special as the longer .44 mag case will seat past the carbon ring in the chamber left by the shorter .44 Special case. This will always make the 44 mag difficult to eject...and in this instance, seize up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same gun in stainless. Lock up is as tight as any revolver I have had and the trigger is great. I haven't had any problems with mine, but then I usually stick with either specials or mags and always clean between changes. Makes a good carry and car gun. I paid $350 for mine at local gunshow and there were ten each of blued and stainless. Georgia Arms 200 grain GoldDot in 44 Special is a good defense round and very accurate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gun is on the way back to Taurus. I'll keep you posted on what develops.I hope they actually fix what is wrong and not just clean it and send it back.I have read other reports where this has happened.

·
Registered
93 Posts
acerman said:
The gun is on the way back to Taurus. I'll keep you posted on what develops.I hope they actually fix what is wrong and not just clean it and send it back.I have read other reports where this has happened.
I've lived that. I hope they set you right. I've owned three Taurus guns and two had major problems that required a trip back to Miami.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I picked up mu 627 today, if some of you remember I had sort of the same problem with her. I brought her home and checked the trigger,cylinder and hammer, yup it still was tight. I took off the grip and checked it and WOW it was smooth. My son took a look at her and lubed her up,checked the trigger, he said it seemed fine. Maybe something in the grip was holding her. Now I will be off to the range tomorrow night to see if it acts up. I hope yours works out fine.
Rick

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just found out from Taurus. It will take a minimum of 5-6 weeks for the repair.Arrrrgh :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I just got it back from Taurus. took about 2 months. they replaced the cylinder and made other adjusments and it performs like a champ now. I was a little skeptical when I got it back and took it to the range.My fears were gone after a few cylinder loads of Mag and 44special.They fixed all the problems.A real fun gun to shoot now.Weeeelll maybe not the full house 44 mag loads.But, not that bad.It's going to make a great fishin' gun. I feel prepared for any type of intruder?

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Hmm, never woulda thought them lunkers would bite a handgun. How to you run it on the hook? :D

·
32,706 Posts
Happy to hear the gun is back up and running. BUUUWAHAHAHAH. Now a mandatory range report to keep us updated is in the offing. LOL Gotta have facts, numbers, and pictures.

Then again, you did say it shoots nice. Darn. Was looking forward to a test report. Double spaced and in triplicate. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't do any thing worthy of a range report such as: 2" groups @100yds,or,ringing the Gong @200yds. etc.LOL. But I can say the grips fit my hand very comfortable and they make the gun feel very controllable.(I have average size hands).The compensator/porting really seem to help tame this gun on all loads.The fiber optic front sight is a great aid for quick target acquisition.Granted this is no target gun But, I was skipping pop cans @ 25 yds. with some pretty good consistencey.Sorry, no pic's.All in all it's a keeper for what I want it for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts