Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a sporting goods store last week and ran across a Bianchi Venom holster. I picked one up and gave it a try.
IMHO it's a great little holster because:

• It's just the right size to secure your pistol - no unnecessary bulk.
  • It has a slight forward cant.
  • It secures better than my other OWB holster because I can run my belt through the belt loop between the slots(see pics). This helps hold the holster in place more securely.
  • It rides well - comfortable even in the truck.
  • Designed for condition 1 carry.
  • Price was $30 I believe
  • With the right shirt, it works for concealed carry.

Attachments

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Looks like a good one all right. Thanks for sharing the photos!

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
That is very nice. I almost chose a Bianchi Venom for a new handgun I got recently. Now that I see pix of it in action - not just a stock photo - will probably pick one up with my next holster purchase. Certainly cannot complain bout the price!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Bianchi puts out a heck of a piece of leather IMO. I have a "Minimalist" that serves me quite well for 4 different pistols, and it would be 5 if the trigger guard on my Walther wan't so long and squared off. I think mine was just under $30 about 4 years ago, and doesn't look worn at all. Fine stuff when their name is on it, and worth every penny.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Nice looking holster and it looks like it does the job.

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I like it looks great for a cocked 1911
jhp

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
I was at a sporting goods store last week and ran across a Bianchi Venom holster. I picked one up and gave it a try.
IMHO it's a great little holster because:

• It's just the right size to secure your pistol - no unnecessary bulk.
  • It has a slight forward cant.
  • It secures better than my other OWB holster because I can run my belt through the belt loop between the slots(see pics). This helps hold the holster in place more securely.
  • It rides well - comfortable even in the truck.
  • Designed for condition 1 carry.
  • Price was $30 I believe
  • With the right shirt, it works for concealed carry.
Hey, 4X4, quick question for ya. And all youse guys (and gals) out there who OC fairly large guns and are NOT LEO.

Any problems with snagging on things as you walk by? I have begun OC much more lately and I find I have had to learn to do a little dip with my right hip as I pass by bulky objects and even thru doorways. I actually took a small bite outta my new Galco Fletch when it tagged a door jamb when I was going through. Also, was walking around my truck from a convenience store and got the nose of my pistol/holster hung on the loop wire handle of one of those newspaper dispenser/vending machines.

Anyone else have to learn to do a "strong side dip" dance move when you first started OCing?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Hey, 4X4, quick question for ya. And all youse guys (and gals) out there who OC fairly large guns and are NOT LEO.

Any problems with snagging on things as you walk by? I have begun OC much more lately and I find I have had to learn to do a little dip with my right hip as I pass by bulky objects and even thru doorways. I actually took a small bite outta my new Galco Fletch when it tagged a door jamb when I was going through. Also, was walking around my truck from a convenience store and got the nose of my pistol/holster hung on the loop wire handle of one of those newspaper dispenser/vending machines.

Anyone else have to learn to do a "strong side dip" dance move when you first started OCing?
Oh yes. It becomes second nature after a while. I just started using a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster and I have since had to learn to tuck my left arm in just a bit as I'm getting out of the car. Otherwise the muzzle of my gun hits the door jam.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Looks like a nice one. Can't beat the price. How do you like the thumb break?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like a nice one. Can't beat the price. How do you like the thumb break?
It's just like the one on my old Blackhawk (which took a return to get one that stayed snapped). Practice, practice, practice and it becomes second nature to catch it with your thumb as you draw.

Reactions: Wreckerman

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

What 91whiskey said. It becomes second nature.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yes. It becomes second nature after a while. I just started using a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster and I have since had to learn to tuck my left arm in just a bit as I'm getting out of the car. Otherwise the muzzle of my gun hits the door jam.

How are you liking the Galco shoulder rig?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice holster.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It's just like the one on my old Blackhawk (which took a return to get one that stayed snapped). Practice, practice, practice and it becomes second nature to catch it with your thumb as you draw.
When you have used a thumbreak holster enough, your thumb will go for the thumbreak on all holsters because unsnapping has become a part of your draw stroke. I like thumbreaks, all of my OWB holsters (aside from one SERPA) have them. I wouldn't own an OWB bolster without retention and thumbreaks are my favorite.

·
Super Moderator
19,623 Posts
When you have used a thumbreak holster enough, your thumb will go for the thumbreak on all holsters because unsnapping has become a part of your draw stroke. I like thumbreaks, all of my OWB holsters (aside from one SERPA) have them. I wouldn't own an OWB bolster without retention and thumbreaks are my favorite.
I have two OWB holsters and each have thumb break retention straps. I can tell you that I almost returned each of them upon their receipt in the mail as I couldn't get the gun into the holster and the thumb break straps each were about an inch away from being able to snap the thing closed. Only after a lot of manual stretching, shoving in my gun with several layers of ziplock bags and plastic grocery bags, etc, did I manage to get it to close. The leather holsters are made intentionally to be a tight fit - to keep the gun secure and you don't want it falling out. I've seen where some leather OWB holsters come with retention screws you can adjust but I haven't bought any of those yet.

And to Wreckerman's point, I have become used to placing my thumb up against the inner part of the snap and have become acclimated to pressing my thumb inward during the draw stroke. And, the good news is that even with my IWB carries that thumb motion isn't necessarily wasted.

Reactions: Wreckerman

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just be careful that the rivets on your jeans doesn't scratch the barrel. I've seen this happen.

·
21,925 Posts
Pretty nice holster, but I notice the leather fits snug across the top of the slide. I don't see anywhere for the front sight to go when you draw. If your front sight is well ramped, with a shallow angle, it will be fine; the leather will flex and let the front sight through. But if you have a more squared off front sight, I foresee snagging.

Just be careful that the rivets on your jeans doesn't scratch the barrel. I've seen this happen.
Sorry, nitpicking to follow - brass rivets won't scratch modern gun finishes, but they will rub a bit; think of what a pencil does on paper. The rivet is the pencil, the gun finish is the paper. Sometimes the rubbed metal will clean off pretty easily. It probably won't get through the finish, though; the metal of the gun will still be protected.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts