Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so I sold my PT145 MilPro because I just wasn't as happy with it as I thought I would be.....for those that love the MilPro's,awesome!...Personally,I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for every one ever made(don't flame me,just voicing my opinion)...I still am a huge Taurus fan,and plan to own more of them, just not that model....anyway,with the money from that sale,I went shopping for a replacement.....after much deliberation and coonfingering quite a few guns...I ordered a Springfield Armory XD 45 compact....picked it up yesterday,and it's a honey!....for the price I paid for the PT145 plus holster(yeah,I got hosed),I got the XD Gear package, and I like it a lot!! I'll be posting pics as soon as I can:cool:

·
Super Moderator
36,968 Posts
No flame, to each their own. Springfield XD's are wonderful pistols and I probably would have gotten one but I saw my PT 145 for 325.00 OTD and couldn't pass it up. Maybe someday I'll also get the XD.

I am looking forward to seeing your new rig, congratulations!

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
WE NEED PICTURES!!!!!

Why do people tease us with new guns and no pics? It's like a strip club in Alaska that they only take it off down to their long johns and oversized sweatshirts. Lol

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I'd bet he's shooting bullits not pictures!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Forgot. Congratulations enjoy it!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I had the XD40 for 10 years. Didn't shoot it that much, but it was a fine gun.
About Christmas I got the itch real bad- I sold my XD, Springer 1911, and my PT845.
I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 for carry-wow...one of the best shooters I have ever seen. Then I stumbled across a Sig P-228 for $325. I had to clean it up- get new mags and I put rubber grips on it. Man what a find. I don't even miss my big bore guns any more.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Ok...so I sold my PT145 MilPro because I just wasn't as happy with it as I thought I would be.....for those that love the MilPro's,awesome!...Personally,I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for every one ever made(don't flame me,just voicing my opinion)...I still am a huge Taurus fan,and plan to own more of them, just not that model....anyway,with the money from that sale,I went shopping for a replacement.....after much deliberation and coonfingering quite a few guns...I ordered a Springfield Armory XD 45 compact....picked it up yesterday,and it's a honey!....for the price I paid for the PT145 plus holster(yeah,I got hosed),I got the XD Gear package, and I like it a lot!! I'll be posting pics as soon as I can:cool:
No flame, just wondering why the discontent?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I like it! I haven't had a huge desire to own a XDm yet, but they are supposed to be the cat's pjs -- I think you will love it!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. I went the M&P route last year for my first tupperware pistol. I kinda like it; I'm still not completely sold on plastic guns but will admit I enjoy shooting the M&P. Hope you enjoy the XD!

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
Sorry to hear you were disappointed in your PT145 Mil Pro.

I've had outstanding service out of all my Millennium Pro series guns.

My PT145 has gone way over the 1,000 round mark without a burp and I have two PT111's that have surpassed the 3,000 rd. mark with 100% reliability.

Best of luck with your XD.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WE NEED PICTURES!!!!!

Why do people tease us with new guns and no pics? It's like a strip club in Alaska that they only take it off down to their long johns and oversized sweatshirts. Lol
Sorry for the delay...but as promised,some pics... 030812_1530.jpg 030812_1532a.jpg 030812_1533.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No flame, just wondering why the discontent?
It wasn't even close to being reliable enough for an EDC,which is why I bought it...even with new mags...and since it was my only carry piece,I didn't really want to be without it for the time it took for however long Taurus would have had it...

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Oh well, that's why they make different kinds, as for me I'll just keep my little PT145 and count my money!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
It wasn't even close to being reliable enough for an EDC,which is why I bought it...even with new mags...and since it was my only carry piece,I didn't really want to be without it for the time it took for however long Taurus would have had it...
Gotcha. Guess I would have done the same. My 145 MilPro has been flawless. Over 3000 rounds and not a problem. I have several choices for carry, but it's almost always the 145. Hope you like your new piece.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I thought about the XD subcompact 9mm but, I had decided on the Ruger KP95 and unfortunately the LGS guy screwed me over on that deal. I found both my NIB 900 series Tauri though and I really wanted a 4" barrel and an all stainless gun, The extra weight and the barrel length help me stay on target and the DA/SA option is really nice plus the firing pin safety and ambi controls make it sweet.. I love Taurus and Springfield, my Next purchase will be the Springfield EMP 1911 in a Stainless/Duo Tone with all the extras but at $1200 its a "save a while" type of gun. My PT909 will be my EDC and I can't say anything bad about it except that I can't buy or fire enough ammo out of her to be satisfied with my POA and POI cuz the trigger has some travel.. I wonder if I can have that adjusted to be crisper?... Anyway, Enjoy your new carry weapon and let us know how it shoots...

Happy Shooting,
Rob

·
Registered
118 Posts
I carry an XDm 9mm 4.5 inch about as often as I carry my PT145. The XDm is the best shooter I've ever wrapped my paws around. My PT 145 is a pleasure to carry and has been flawless. I trust them both to do their job.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey Nightwalker, you won't get any grief from me. I sold both of my Taurus pistols and now carry an M&P .40c, or an XDm .40. This is still my favorite forum though.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
N-i-c-e!!!!..:d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts