Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's here....my new Crossbreed holster. They did an outstanding job on the fit and finish, and it fits my PT145 like a glove.....and a pleasant side benefit, it fits my 24/7 Pro 45 perfectly too !! I took some pics of it, and I took some pics of it on me, with my el-cheapo belt that I will be replacing with a good gun holster ready belt soon. Ignore my prolific gut, I'm suffering from middle age..... ;) This holster is very comfortable, the paddle part is cowhide and the body for the gun is kydex.

·
Super Moderator
21,805 Posts
I like it keep us informed :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks great! Please post on comfort, and maneuverability.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How long ago did your order yours? I ordered mine back on May 18th and keep getting anxious for the mail to get here every day because I'm hoping it will show up soon. :p

Also, taking a look at yours makes me wish I had also ordered mine in black, but I can deal with it. Great looking holster!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I recently picked one up for my M65 for a woods/alternate carry gun. The main this that I wished I'd gotten was the Combat Grip option. I ended up doing it myself, it works but its ugly.

I haven't used it much yet but its a very comfortable holster. When/If I order another one I'm looking at the velcro option (with a matching belt) as well.

Steelheart

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was looking at the website, but I can't determine what combat grip option is?

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure what the combat grip option is either, can you elaborate Steel?

I ordered mine just a few days before that so you should be getting yours soon. Funny - I flipped it over and my last name was written in ink pen on the back, in the raw leather.....immediately got a visual of 8 or 10 of them, lined up, in some guys work area, with holsters being worked on.....making them by hand does take a bit longer, but I have a feeling it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congratulations i think you will really like it after you have used it a week or two. I have two of them, one for a Kimber 1911 and another for my PT140, love em both. The one for the pt140 will also work just fine with a 24/7 OSS. The difference is in the part where the trigger and guard go in.

I have been using both of mine for about 8 months now for daily carry and love em. Very comfortable and they hold the gun very well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
gunfun1002 said:
I was looking at the website, but I can't determine what combat grip option is?
It's wear they cut the extra leather down to the shape of you grip. It's suppose to help with a faster draw but it does give up comfort.
I just have the regular shaped holster and have no issues drawing my weapon. Personally I wouldn't get the combat grip.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/options.html

With my M65 I couldn't get a good grip on the gun before I drew so I had to start trimming. It's functional but not a nice looking as if I'd have ordered it that way.

From what everyone else has said here its probably gun dependent, some need it but others don't.

Steelheart

·
Registered
959 Posts
Your Pants are FULL Now...<:)) NICE...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Good pics TTG. I think you'll really like this holster. I've had mine for several months now and I wear it every day. Very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised by the multiple holes in the leather that allow height adjustments on the clips. I offset mine to give it more of a forward cant.

I've toyed with the thought of doing a little trim work on mine where the leather above the rear of the slide has curled over the weapon a bit. Damn love handles. I have also thought about doing a home brew combat grip surgery on the leather as well. But with the way I have to grasp the gun as it is now, my thumb is on top of the slide on the rear sight. I draw the gun and move my thumb down, disengage the safety, and finish my grip in one motion.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I noticed having to grip mine the exact same way when I draw it.....I've never carried before, but I think holsters are all about compromise - attributes and strengths for one are completely different for another, and you just have to find what works best for you.

This holster is amazing, it's so comfortable and the gun just disappears. I can't wait to wear it all day somewhere, just to get a good feel for everything and to be sure it's as concealed as I think it is. If I can walk right by NYPD and he never knows, I'd consider that a pretty good conceal holster. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
If I can walk right by NYPD and he never knows, I'd consider that a pretty good conceal holster. :)
I don't even try to "make" anyone at this point. So many people carry in AZ. Now if I was working a foot post on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn then my eyes would be peeled. ;)

Doesn't it suck in Texas that your concealed weapon is not even allowed to print at all?
And why the heck doesn't Texas allow open carry????

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats why I'm so paranoid about it - you're not supposed to print AT ALL, lest you upset some rich bitch soccer mom in her mercedes.....give me a break. And don't ask me why we can't open carry, I thought we invented carrying at all, about 130 years ago......but I remember the bad old days when you couldn't carry at all, before Saint Hupp roared like a lion at the state legislature.......

·
Registered
671 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
I don't even try to "make" anyone at this point. So many people carry in AZ. Now if I was working a foot post on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn then my eyes would be peeled. ;)

Doesn't it suck in Texas that your concealed weapon is not even allowed to print at all?
And why the heck doesn't Texas allow open carry????
I thought in all places Texas would allow open carry. By the way if someone does make you and calls the law out of fear, even if you're just enjoying a sandwhich at the local cafe, what are the legal reprecutions? Is it the same as brandishing a weapon? :guns:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
gunfun1002 said:
I thought in all places Texas would allow open carry. By the way if someone does make you and calls the law out of fear, even if you're just enjoying a sandwhich at the local cafe, what are the legal reprecutions? Is it the same as brandishing a weapon? :guns:
I'm not up on Texas firerams laws but I would assume it would be a misdemeanor.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm sorry, I was unclear on my question. I'm from South Carolina, I've checked the laws that pertain to concealed carry, but I can't find anything that addresses accidental showing of a weapon. I'll call my State police and find out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts