Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my PT709 Slim, my Christmas Present for this year and I really love the feel of it and can't wait to shoot it. I'm in the process of cleaning it and trying to figure out what ammo I want to put through it, I'm leaning towards Speer Gold Dots for my personal defense load but haven't decided on a range ammo yet. Been reading up on what everyone uses and what seems to work best in the 709, anyone with recommendations feel free to post your results in the meantime below is a few pics of my new 709.

New709Slim2.jpg

New709Slim1.jpg

New709SlimCheapTempHolster.jpg

PS almost forgot Merry Christmas to everyone, hope you all have a great holiday and thanks for contributing to what I'm finding is a great forum.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Congrats on the gun!!!

I have shot many a Gold Dot, reg. and Short Barrel +P, through my 2 709s w/o a problem... I have a couple case of them, but I got into the Critical Defense bit, so I carry w/ them, now. The only ammo I've had trouble w/ is WWB in my matte, 709 (FTE). My blue 709, OTOH, doesn't have that problem...

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Hey, good for you!! Christmas has come a little early for you. I know you'll be happy with your new toy! Enjoy and be safe. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Very nice and have a Merry Christmas. Let us know how the break in range trip goes.

·
Super Moderator
35,552 Posts
Congrats on the present and I hope that you have a Merry Christmas!

(Nice photos, but don't forget that the range report is due ASAP :D )

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hohoho !!!!!

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congrats on your new 709 slim.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

Merry Christmas

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your early Christmas present!

·
Registered
52 Posts
very nice!! I just bought a box of Critical defense 115gr to carry. I run blazer 115, or federal 115 for plinking.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congrats on the new 709, and as said already, let us know how it shoots!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have many days of pleasure with your new pistol! Enjoy and let us know how it goes at the range!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hope you've had an opportunity to heat her up by now. If you have, you know what we know...it's a great gun; if you haven't, you're going to be very happy. Congratulations. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the warm reply's I will defiantly give a range report once I get around to it, right now the weather is pretty crappy and no indoor ranges nearby so it could be a little while. I just ordered 50 rounds Fiocchi 124 grain and 50 rounds Federal American Eagle 124 grain to get me started from Lucky Gunner and waiting on my ammo to come in.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congrats on your Christmas present, look forward to hearing a range report in the future. :)

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Congratulations on the new noise maker! I bet you are biting your fingernails waiting for the weather to clear to go shooting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts