Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,I just picked up my new toy a new PT145 from acadamy sports and outdoors for 299.99.this goes with my other taurus guns(a 24/7 9mm pro SS,a PT111 9mm PRO and a PT25 and it gets added to the worse gun ever made a lorcin L380 but it has never had a problem untill I got a taurus,i guess it was mad at me.lol)I will try to take it to the range next week with the wifes PT111(thanks CJS3). I will try to post up pictures latter,I guess because of the problems we are having it won't let me do it right now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
After reading your list of Tauri, it is redundant to say, "You'll really like your PT-145", isn't it? What especially impressed me was the price. I paid right at $400 out the door but as the PT-145 is a pretty hot commodity right now, I didn't much give a damn. I got one, but that extra $100 you save on my price would have bought a lot of 45ACP reloading supplies. Good for you. Be sure to share it with the "Unfortunates" at the range that still think Taurus firearms are a POS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice price and congrats on the new weapon. I just purchased mine a few days ago but I have to wait for the "CL" confirmation from my FFL and then Bud's will ship it to my FFL and THEN wait the mandatory California 10 days..... Finally, I pay my FFL an additional $80.00! :mad: $35.00 for the DROS (registration fee) and $45.00 to him!!! So, my gun was a grand total of $398.00 out the door. I guess Benzuncle and I pay a little more..........who cares!!!! Can't wait till someday I can actually see my gun!! Maybe even hold it and possible get a chance to fire it!! :clap: BTW, is everyone choosing the stainless over the blue or vice versa? What is the difference besides the obvious? Price wise they are pretty close....Just curious.

·
Registered
82 Posts
As Benzuncle said, the Taurus pistols are apparently pretty hot in Fla these days. I bought my 2nd Gen gun used for $325 and I thought it was a pretty good price. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet but I really like the way it feels. I guess I should have paid the difference and picked up the 3rd Gen gun but I don't mind the double action trigger feel. Just need to pick up a good holster for CCW wear in hot Fla.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nimble1 said:
... need to pick up a good holster for CCW wear in hot Fla.
Nimb: My wife and I go for 2+mile walks most every evening; I carry my PT-145 in a Nemesis pocket holster in the inside pocket of my cargo shorts. I have 4 pair of cargo shorts that this holster works very well in. The nice thing about a pocket holster is that I can put my hand in my pocket, looking informal as hell while putting my hand on the firearm. It is a very inconspicuous way to have your gun in your hand so to speak. 4 people approached us the other night and I didn't know what it was about. I had my hand on the PT-145; they never knew it. They were young Christians; it was a pleasure chatting with them.
From now on, when I go to buy shorts or pants that I hope to use this firearm in, I'll be taking it with me into the dressing room. This is my second Nemesis pocket holster; the first one holds my NAA 380.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts