Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new CC vest showed up today, made right here in Michigan USA with a 5 year warranty and it looks and fits great.
Check it out here; Brooks Leather 375

1.1 USA.gif

Reactions: BigSkiff

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well now, I'll bet you'll be quite a striking figure in your new leather biker's CC vest. ;)

Give a "report" on how you like it when you carry and ride.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wish I could pull of "the biker look". I ride, and I carry, but you'd never guess I was "That type" if you saw me at the grocery store. I should look into jackets with a carry pocket though. Everyone can pull off a leather jacket look! Well, almost...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That's pretty cool. I have a wax cotton vest that I wear for riding, and now I am wondering how hard it would be to modify for carry!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Check out Coronado Leather for vests and jackets for CC also.

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
When I was at Daytona Bike Week many years ago (1999 or so) I had a street vendor try to sell me a leather bikers coat. He took great pains to mention the "gun pocket" just inside the right side of the jacket. I gave him the old "why the hell would I ever carry a gun on my bike" look (probably the same look any current anti-gunner would give anyone they just discovered actually CC'd) and just shook my head and moved on. Of course, that was a long time ago when I was a 30-something sheeple type person; before I "woke up". Kinda like the Matrix movie.

I ride nowhere now without carrying - despite all the "Agent Smiths" out there . . . .

·
Super Moderator
13,808 Posts
Wish I could pull of "the biker look". I ride, and I carry, but you'd never guess I was "That type" if you saw me at the grocery store. I should look into jackets with a carry pocket though. Everyone can pull off a leather jacket look! Well, almost...
I'm not sure I have "The Look" either, but I've been riding for 46 years and wear a leather vest throughout the summer when I ride. Take your spouse or a friend shopping sometime and try one on. You might look good in it! I'm sure gbusmech does. Really. Quite sure.;)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Give a "report" on how you like it when you carry and ride.

Here is your update.

Well it has been a Little too cold for much riding but I did manage a few short trips to the store
and such the last few afternoons. At home I tried a few of my fire arms in the left inside pocket
of my new vest. Note; there are wide elastic straps in those pockets to securely hold your pistol.
1. 1911A1, fits nicely but is a little too heavy and makes the vest hang crooked even when snapped
up. I wasn't even going to ride my Harley thought I may put a dent in the tank with that cannon.
2. PT-145, Fits very nice also, not so heavy but ballances better if I put a spare mag in the right side
inside pocket then I could even leave the vest unsnapped and use vest extenders to wear my
vest over my jacket. It did not print and not even my wife noticed it but it is still a little heavy
to carry in there all day I suppose..
3. Bersa Thunder .380, This is what the vest was made for..... Perfect!
4. Charter Arms undercover .38, again Perfect. You can wear this vest with this revolver in the
pocket and you won't even know it is there.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Did you all get a look at the Women's 200 vest? Wondering where she's hiding anything? Whoopee...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
When I was at Daytona Bike Week many years ago (1999 or so) I had a street vendor try to sell me a leather bikers coat. He took great pains to mention the "gun pocket" just inside the right side of the jacket. I gave him the old "why the hell would I ever carry a gun on my bike" look (probably the same look any current anti-gunner would give anyone they just discovered actually CC'd) and just shook my head and moved on. Of course, that was a long time ago when I was a 30-something sheeple type person; before I "woke up". Kinda like the Matrix movie.

I ride nowhere now without carrying - despite all the "Agent Smiths" out there . . . .
My first trip to Sturgis was in 1978(dating myself). I lived in Sundance ,Wy and I have always carried..kind of like..a .22 in the pocket is better than a .45 at home..:)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Did you all get a look at the Women's 200 vest? Wondering where she's hiding anything? Whoopee...
That is a very nicely formed vest. :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice looking, My other passion is harleys and the lifestyle. Unfortunately I hated wearing a vest, just too hot. Alot of friends do wear their vest and will pass this along.
Thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts