Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up "The Judge" 3" barrel in SS a couple of days ago from Cabela's for $409. These are becoming increasingly hard to find since the demand outnumbers the supply by far. Extremely fun to shoot with #4 and #6 shot. 45 Colt is suprisingly accurate. 2 inch groups at 15 yards.

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Just picked up "The Judge" 3" barrel in SS a couple of days ago from Cabela's for $409. These are becoming increasingly hard to find since the demand outnumbers the supply by far. Extremely fun to shoot with #4 and #6 shot. 45 Colt is surprisingly accurate. 2 inch groups at 15 yards.
That's not bad accuracy! I've been waiting to hear about its accuracy with .45 Colt ammo. The 5 ball 000 stuff sounds pretty effective at close range like in the house, but I'd wanna back up 2 or 3 rounds of that with a couple of .45 Colt silver tips or something. That's certainly decent accuracy for self defense. Just sorta been wondering how all that free bore AND a cylinder gap would negatively affect it. Apparently, it doesn't too much. Should make a quite effective bedside deterent. :D They're selling those things a HECK of a lot faster than I'd have thought! There's been attempts at .45/.410 revolvers before, but I guess it took Taurus to market it properly. They are the biggest company, I believe, to market one.

Here's what's been sitting bedside for me (along with my .38) for several months now. I really bought it as a travel gun for bird hunting, but it's almost as handy as a handgun by the bed and a whole lot more effective than a .38 I'd think. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrat's on owning a very interesting gun.They have been peeking my interest lately.May have to give in and take the plunge.
Are you glad you bought the shorter barrel?
Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The Judge should make a very nice bedside buddy, hope to have one in the new future.

PICTURES!!! SHOW US SOME PICTURES!!!

Here is my current bedside buddy, not as pretty as yours... :(

Winchester 1200 with 18" riot barrel

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it is...sorry about the pics. You can click directly on the pic to make it larger. And yes, I'm glad I got the 3-inch barrel. Those are Federal 1/4 ounce slugs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Now that is a really nice pistol! ;D

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
Sharp! They should put dovetail sites like that on all the Taurus stuff. I had one installed by a smith on my M85UL. I don't like shiney front sights and a dove tailed one like that allows for windage adjustments.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Here it is...sorry about the pics. You can click directly on the pic to make it larger. And yes, I'm glad I got the 3-inch barrel. Those are Federal 1/4 ounce slugs.
NYPD if you ever need to shoot the 6" let me know... i'm down in Marana enjoying mine

Familywgn

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whatever you're comfortable with in the dark while you're half asleep. Nothing beats a 12-gauge loaded with 2 ounces of "00" buck----ya can't miss. (And if you do I feel for you). ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just racking a 12 Ga pump will leave a nice trail..... ::)

I agree on the 12 Ga pump though, just don't have one right now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
NYPD in AZ have you looked at holsters for the Judge. I'm getting a Judge on Tuesday and have been looking for a hip holster. This gun will be a gun I take camping so the holster don't have to be nice. If you seen anything let me know.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You won't find any molded holsters to fit the Judge specifically---yet. I just bought a basic nylon hip holster with a detachable velcro thumb break for 10 bucks. It serves the purpose since I won't be carrying this gun around with me on a daily basis. Any universal nylon holster that fits a 3 to 4 inch barrel revolver will work though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts