Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new beautiful used satin 65

Walked into Cabelas yesterday and in the Gun Library, sat this 65 with the satin finish. It was love at first sight. Gun is in excellent shape. Not a spot on it. Really suprised it has recessed cylinders. Didnt know Taurus had done this to any of their guns. Really suprised when they said they think they have the box and then to see how great of shape the previous owner kept the box. No manual though. Funny thing about this purchase is a couple days ago I found some CCI Blazer .357 for $20 a box and my sister bought a few and I didnt get any since I sold S&W 586 last fall (which I already regret). Now 2 days later I have another .357. Cabelas did produce a box they had stached away somewhere for me. At least I have plenty of .38's.
Pics dont do the coloring justice. Its almost like a light beige tone. The grips are more brownish than reddish in pic to match frame color. Just gorgeous. Couldnt get date of mfg on Taurus website. Says not found. Anyone know what yrs they made the satin models? My first handgun was a 66 about 25yrs ago. This one I'll never sell.

Finally a Pic that shows the satin color good in the ammo pic.

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on one very fine handgun acquisition.:D

When you have a few moments, drop over to the Member Introduction forum and introduce yourself to our fine staff and great members.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Very nice! First time I've seen a 5 screw Taurus.

Sure does appear the back of the cylinder has been cut for moonclips.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Very sweet looking revolver! I must warn you though. Revolvers are addicting!

Reactions: Grand_cru

·
Registered
278 Posts
The wood grips do the handgun a world of good.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
congrats, that's a beauty. have fun with it. :thumb: ........... give cs a call, they might be able to give you more info on it.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Nice looking revolver! Good find!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice gun!:drool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for all the replies. Shot it today. My son shot it first and the first thing he said to me is "whats it gonna take to get this in my name?" I laughed. And as I figured my sister really wants it, but Im never letting it go. Its a keeper!!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN. That is a fine looking revolver you done well Grass Hopper!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Its almost like a light beige tone. The grips are more brownish than reddish in pic to match frame color. Just gorgeous. Couldnt get date of mfg on Taurus website. Says not found. Anyone know what yrs they made the satin models? My first handgun was a 66 about 25yrs ago. This one I'll never sell.
Dan, welcome to the forum from Fort Worth, Texas too. Your description on the colours got me curious, so I played a bit in PS. I was bored..lol. More like this?

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That is a sweet looking shooting iron you have there.. Revolvers are our friends..:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
VonZ...Here is a pic of the color that looks like it. The guns a touch darker, but it shows the color tone. I have a $1300 Nikon and I couldnt get the right color. Even running it thru Nikon Capture NX2. Your pic of the grip is still to reddish. Grips a light brown. Funny thing is my Ipad got the color pretty good, but its to grainy to post.

Nate...you may be right on the dates. There is no lock on it. I cant find anything on this model online. I'll have to try taurus cs.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
I have a blued model 65 .357 with a 4 inch barrell that I purchased around 1991 or 1992? It is a very good shooter and I have never had any problems with it.

I also experienced the website not knowing when mine was made.

Oh, and before I forget, welcome from northeastern Kentucky!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your revolvers are very nice. I seen these revolvers at a first time and its design are the latest and modern designs because i also used the revolvers for hunting but your collection of revolvers are amazing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts