Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are a couple of photos of the new holster rig I just received. Holster fits my 1911's (one shown) and my Taurus Model 44 4" barrel.

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Love that tooled leather

·
Registered
74 Posts
man that's one sweet setup!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Nice leatherwork! I also love those grips you have on that 1911 too, you would be right at home
at anybody's barbecue. What kind of grips are those?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BMBroker- Base Price was $135. With the mag-holders and thumb-strap on the holster, and 'Nickname ', it totaled $190

NCFarmer- The grips came from a Lady in NC who carves grips and sells them on EBAY. She doesn't make the grip, but buys precut blanks and carves them herself. The grips on my 1911 are Maple and ran about $50 plus shipping.
Here's a better shot of them

Reactions: vonzipper

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
BMBroker- Base Price was $135. With the mag-holders and thumb-strap on the holster, and 'Nickname ', it totaled $190

NCFarmer- The grips came from a Lady in NC who carves grips and sells them on EBAY. She doesn't make the grip, but buys precut blanks and carves them herself. The grips on my 1911 are Maple and ran about $50 plus shipping.
Here's a better shot of them

I want those two links if possible. The Holster and the ebay one. I certainly would never use that rig if I'm riding because I have a good bud that went down on his Harley with that kinda rig ( for a knife ) and came pretty close to totaly screwing his lower back when he slid on his back. But I can see me carrying that way off the bike.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
OK
Here is a link for the Leather worker in PA. I don't know if the Mods allow this type of referral in the regular posting, but I'll try... BTW- Gary put a photo of my rig in his listing for the Banolero rig in his ebay catalog. He set the base price at $140. Check it out.

J & G Gatts Leatherworks http://stores.shop.ebay.com/J-and-G-Gatts-Leatherworks-and-Tack

on his FB listing he posted several photos of my rig.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.168003056686025.1073741836.161071557379175&type=1

and the grips-

luvinglifeat60 | eBay

I am a large guy who can't wear a normal belt holster (or belt alone). I wanted a cross-draw for a back up handgun to carry when on Hog hunts. Normally this would be in colder weather, with a sweatshirt and utility vest of jacket with the rig over it. Easy-on---Easy-off, and ammo storage for the 1911's makes this a rig that fits my needs. No attempts at concealment is intended.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks for the links, especially the grips. And, lordy, I mis-read your post as a "regular waist holster" with the gun and mags on the back instead of a shoulder rig. lol..I don't think I would ever wear a shoulder rig like on a bike, but I would out hiking and such.

*duh..it says it right on your post, bandolero, sometimes I can be so blind*

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Zip-- Don't feel bad. it takes me at least an hour at the computer to read and re-read anything I see before noon, to be somewhat sure I am getting the message.

If you look at the grip listings..the 12th one down is the one she personalized for me. if you contact her, please tell her I referred you. She is a very nice lady in her 60;s doing the work herself. I am about to order a second set of El Jefe Grips for a Para-Ordnance 14-40.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts