Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally got to finish up my AR-9 today. Here's a list of the build parts:

Dirty Bird Industries DB9 lower (made by New Frontier Armory but sold for less)
NBS Billet PCC Upper
Dirty Bird Industries SMRS Handguard – Slim M-LOK Rail System V2
Dirty Bird Industries 9mm Bolt Carrier Group
Dirty Bird Industries lower parts kit
Dirty Bird Industries 2-Stage Trigger Group
ODIN Works 16″ 9mm SuperLite Barrel
ODIN Works Zulu Adjustable Stock
ODIN Works Ambidextrous Modular Safety
ODIN Works Extended Glock Magazine Release
KAW Valley SS buffer
Juggernaut Tactical Featureless Grip
Mil-spec charging handle
Feyachi RDS-25 Red Dot Sight 4 MOA ($32 Amazon special)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Does that not count as a pistol grip by CA standards? I thought a pistol grip was an identifying halmark of an ‘assault weapon in their estimation.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does that not count as a pistol grip by CA standards? I thought a pistol grip was an identifying halmark of an ‘assault weapon in their estimation.
You are correct, having a pistol grip is evil in this state. JT launched this grip about a year ago and many people thought it was not a featureless grip. Fast-forward to a few months ago, they introduced a new lower that they said that you could put a regular pistol grip on and still be in compliance. It only took the CA DOJ about four days to send them a letter to stop selling the new lower as it did not comply with the law. They never once mentioned the grip, so now we feel more comfortable using this grip on a featureless build.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm still in the early stages of my AR9 build. I have a 10.5" Bloodline barrel from Rosco sitting in a Radical Firearms upper. That upper was/is tight...which bodes well for future accuracy. I have a Stern Defense mag well conversion device, Odin Works Enhanced 9mm BCG and their Adjustable 9mm buffer. Can't seem to decide a handguard and whether to buy a new lower for this, or just convert one of my other AR pistols. Leaning toward a new lower to get started...but in no hurry to move forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts