Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, here are the pix and and details of my new Carbine. Ordered it ~ week ago and it came in today.

Pretty much what has been described in the gun media - interchangeable mag well so you can run Glock mags, buttstock inserts if you want to lengthen the reach, takedown mechanism identical to the 10/22. Only disappointment is the lack of the “backpack” type of travel bag that comes with the 10/22.

I bought a Sig TAC STS-081 red dot sight for it as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Congrats on your new PC. I hope it brings you many happy hours of shooting.

Thanks to the USPS, my new bubble pack of SR9 mags showed up a day earlier than promised. Once the cold subsides, I hope to sight in down at the range.

Still waiting on my free CT laser to arrive. It'll be mounted to the forend, but have reservations as to how accurate it will be. I could slip a dollar bill between the barrel and forend yet felt some resistance half way from the tip of the forend, to just forward of the rear sight. So to make the barrel free floating, a bit of plastic needs to be removed. Even if the forend is shaved back from the barrel, there is only one skinny screw clamping the forend to its base. The weight of the rifle may cause the forend to flex enough to touch the barrel again if laid on a rest. Time will tell.

Enjoy your black beauty.

·
Registered
378 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts