Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well picked up my new Taurus tonight. As you can tell by the other pictures attached i'm addicted to the duo tone look. Well let me know what you think, also any suggestions on grips for either would be great too.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I've always been partial to wooden grips, but don't have that model so I can't make recommendation. I am pretty sure that some folks who have dolled theirs up will be along to weigh in on the customization.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Nice pistols and hello from Piqua Ohio.

I too have a stainless PT92 (that I have dubbed my special favorite) but not the duo tone. I have just got some nice Altamont walnut grips for it from my wife for Christmas.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Nice pair, I have the same models, just different finishes.

For grips on the 1911 check out raasco, have a set on mine and like 'em a whole lot.

For grips on the pt92, I'm still looking myself.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Nice looking piece, thanks for sharing.

And welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. ;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That's some nice bling you got there. I love my hogue grips on my PT99. So comfortable and the price for the grips are under 20 bucks.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the finest handgun forum on the web and congratulations on your extremely beautiful PT92 duo tone pistol!

We are blessed to have many knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful gals and guys on this forum, which makes logging onto this site a daily pleasure.

I have a PT92 in the combat finish, and for a good while it sported these Altamont Rosewood grips.

Reactions: airwrench

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice set of guns there.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice 'toys' there ;) I have the PT92-DT also, with the Pachmayr wrap around grips, and the PT1911-SS with Hoque wrap arounds. If you want big, that's the way to go. Really luv those finger grooves. :D

·
21,932 Posts
Welcome to the finest handgun forum on the web and congratulations on your extremely beautiful PT92 duo tone pistol!

We are blessed to have many knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful gals and guys on this forum, which makes logging onto this site a daily pleasure.

I have a PT92 in the combat finish, and for a good while it sported these Altamont Rosewood grips.

MPG after I acquire a G-2 in .40 I am gonna look for a 92 like yours..

·
Registered
390 Posts
"I have a PT92 in the combat finish, and for a good while it sported these Altamont Rosewood grips" :thumb:

Indeed, mighty fine grips they are, what is she sporting now?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Welcome from NW Ohio. Congrats on your new 92. I have 2 of them laid away at Buds. First Internet purchase of firearms, but with the guidance and recommendations here I feel comfortable with the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone. I definitely have some homework to do on the grips. I like the more tactical look but I see the draw to wood as well. I can't wait to shoot this thing.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Welcome from Rhode Island to the most informative and friendly gun site on the web. :guns:

Congrats on your new gun. It's a beauty. I alternate grips occasionally. I like it both ways.
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0037.JPG

Reactions: h20joe
1 - 20 of 26 Posts